Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aizen

Dumb Stuff You Believed When You Were a Kid

23 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

Not really me but one of my friends believed that when an actor died in a movie, they would die in real life.

So according to them, Sean Bean is immortal?

I used to believed wrestling was real when I was a kid. But don’t let this distract you from the fact that in nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

1 hour ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I used to believed wrestling was real when I was a kid. But don’t let this distract you from the fact that in nineteen ninety eight when the undertaker threw mankind off hеll in a cell, and plummeted sixteen feet through an announcer's table.

Is that Kane? Why is he in a suit?!

20 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I was never into wrestling as a kid (or ever) and always knew it was staged. I found out later how real it actually is considering the toll it takes on the actors' bodies. Quite a lot of early deaths and serious injuries have happened. Definitely a grueling career choice.

Am I the only one that used to think that the muzzle end of the Rocket Launcher in Doom games looked like a vacuum cleaner hose?

Back when I was about 8, I'd go to the arcade with friends, and I used to think that every time some character died in the game someone in real life died and I wanted to do it thinking it was a challenge to see if one day I die from killing a virtual enemy. Why was I so fucking dumb back then...

- i thought i could create an entire website in Microsoft Powerpoint. i even came up with a theme; it was to be about lowriders.

- i thought there was a downloadable game from the Red Hot Chili Peppers's "Californication" music video. i even went to the official website to find a download link, to no success.

My parents once told me that they could see everything i did. I couldn't wait to grow up to have these "clairvoyant powers"

On 11/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, Vanessa said:

Back when I was about 8, I'd go to the arcade with friends, and I used to think that every time some character died in the game someone in real life died and I wanted to do it thinking it was a challenge to see if one day I die from killing a virtual enemy. Why was I so fucking dumb back then...

It's not uncommon for people to look back at beliefs they held two or three years ago and feel embarrassed. Life is growth. 

So many things... fortunately I forgot most of it right now.

Most interesting thing though.

* First time I played Doom, I remember thinking. "How did they have the energy to draw all these angles?" I thought the game used a gazillion pre-rendered images. Was the first time I saw textured 3d that was not pre-rendered.

Then more boring shit

* Ghosts

* For a spell I actually bought into some of the conspiracy nonsense around 9/11

My mother told me that every time I said "Satan" or "Devil" or any variant of that, the Devil would get closer. And by the third time I said it, he would hug me. She just wanted me to stop saying that obviously, but jokes on her, cause I really could use a hug right now!

4 hours ago, Cell said:

(Overlaps with The Doom Confessional Booth.)

I used to believe that this catwalk in E3M4 was just a thin, ground-patterned metal plate and those thin black lines were rods holding it above the blood.
Hollow.png.e329128fffc7bf440305f462feff9d79.png

They are, it's just that a thin film of coagulated blood also hangs vertically from the frame.

When I got my first computer (a Dragon 32) and failed to write some basic programs for it, I figured the creators of it could at least have made it understand English.

When I got my first computer, I foolishly believed that, in the future, data updates and new software would be beamed into it through the air somehow, and that this would be a wonderful thing. How naive I was back then.

10 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

I used to think that there was a guy who was in charge of turning on all the street lights in the city

There used to be, in the days before electric lights.