Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelJunky

Keyboard Shortcuts for cheats

Hi everyone, I'm new around here...

And I wanted to share something I did to alleviate the hassle of typing in sequences to activate / deactivate cheats in Windows.

So I compiled those 2 little AutoHotkey executable to do the job. run the one for your architecture before starting Doom.

It was tested with Doomsday but I believe it should work with all ports.

Instead of typing sequences you can use hotkeys.

CTRL+1 = IDDQD -- Invulnerability.

CTRL+2 = IDFA -- Full health, ammo, weapons, and armor.

CTRL+3 = IDKFA -- Full health, ammo, weapons, armor and keys.

CTRL+4 = IDBEHOLDL -- Temporary light.

CTRL+5 = IDSPISPOPD -- Walk through walls!

CTRL+6 = IDDT -- Change map detail.

CTRL+7 = IDCLEVxx -- Warp to level 'xx' where xx is 01 to 19 just type in the number of the level you want.

CTRL+8 = IDMUSxx -- Music select. 'xx' is the level who's song you want. just type in the number of the level you want.

CTRL+9 = IDBEHOLDV -- Temporary invulnerability.

CDoom.zip

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do !!!

Edited by SteelJunky

1 hour ago, SteelJunky said:

It was tested with Doomsday but I believe it should work with all ports.

Yes if something works in Doomsday I have high hopes of it working with anything else.

Honestly, this will be unnecessary for most people of normal typing ability and a keyboard with all the keys. It takes effort to install that program and remember what all the shortcuts correspond to (even with 100% trust that the program isn't fishy), and also I'm pretty sure that in my resting hand configuration I can type something like IDDQD or IDCLEV a bit faster than it would take to move hands to the proper shortcut keys and press those anyway.

But no harm in sharing. Someone might find it useful I guess. 

For ZDoom users this would be arbitrary, though, because they could just type something like "bind g god2" and they'd have absolute invulnerability bound to a key.

I'm also in agreement with rdwpa that this is unnecessary anyway, because the cheats are easy enough to type and the only ones I really use are idclip, idclev, tntem, and tntka (the latter two for Boom) and even then mostly for testing, so I'm not sure I see the point here.

Like rdwpa said, though, it doesn't hurt to share this.

Yes I guess you both are right, I made it in the first place for my sister, she is hemiplegic and have lost function of both limbs on the right side, she likes it very much when shes playing. I just thought someone else would appreciate it. And Doomsday does not offer this commodity.