Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wereknight

The People's Doom Developement thread: visuals

I really love that rifle over the pistol! It's a great looking replacement, and these assets you have going for the project is really quality looking stuff!

Well sigh... tsk, I'm back to work on the visuals once again. Thanks to me I'm back and army now is a forbidden place for me (thank god)

Now, continuing to work. I re-considered whole weapon look and do some overhaul and replacements for weapons.

Lemme bump this again. Now with some content. I took arsenal re-vision recently so now it's more hi-tech, sci-fi-ish and, sadly, more generic. Well I don't see some previous designs fitting anymore... well except old RL therefore BFG took some resemblence from it.

Therefore chainsaw, shotgun and enercannon (plasma gun if you so desperate) keep to have similar design with some improvements.

LSpmrB5.pngs9WG1Xu.pngxqIKdEV.pngBgea1P7.pngyPyj4gK.pngH2FluxY.png6x51HAG.png

Another day, another bump (and that's all cuz I'm all alone here... well THAT'S IS EXPECTED, probably, so I have no problems with that)

So, it's time to introduce you our first new "citizen". Meet the roamer.

GO4IItV.png

This is what would be our lost soul persona.

And yeah... whole sprites style become more sharp and contrast. You can see this just by looking at weapons sprites.

Gotta say, this is some quality work so far, Wereknight. Well done! I'm certainly surprised to see this still truckin' 

Another post to bring this thread up

Here they are, the teleportation technology pads.

qSJABFy.png

Actually, I have bit more to show but I'm too lazy to post anything else after sleepless night

That's me again... well, I've brought bad news this time, I have faced with unfortunate setbacks because:

1) My OS decided to give me reason for emotional breakdown cuz when I turned my laptop off it showed CSoCF (Cyan Screen of Continious Failure as I call it. Well, you know, win10, shit might happen too)... and then I lost everything. Literally. My OS just died and someone quite "smart" from my relatives trashed both hard drives... sigh.

2) Our lead got some... ideas? Changed plans? I can't say for sure but I've got to stop working on tPD for a month... that's not what  I wanted at all since I work on this for quite long time already.

Therefore... we start from nothing again... sigh.

And I mean it. Unfortunately. Well, anyway, I have something to show anyway.

JycKGG5.gif

This is new melee. Boingo convinced me to try make sprites that will present some sort of knife\dagger\idunnowhatitis thing attack.

That's not a hand drawn thing, obviously. Right. But I'll paint over this and will tweak some "lil' troubles" that you may notice here.

So yeah I change my politics and from now on I'm not gonna sprite weapons from scratch. It's cool to be able too, no doubt, but... Do you know how painful it is to not be able do right reload animation? or melee attack that would not look like you pat something with latex dildo?

Well yeah. On positive side this might speed up my work and sprites will come faster. Making a weapon model takes 1-4 days to me (not just model itself but textures, rigging and animation too) so I think if I'll be able to work little by little I'll post progress each week.

That will include monsters too, with time, we haven't got to conclusion what our bestiary must look like. 

22 minutes ago, Hcoop111 said:

Keep up the work my friend liking alot of what im seeing..dont lose heart! Will follow this!

Thanks. I don't lose everything... well except of patience but that's not a thing for discuss.

as I said. once per week. But I'm unemployed atm so I have more time for this stuff yet.

ouybAkQ.gif pistol pre-edit render. Yup. Hideous. Lovely.

sigh...

Hi there, once again. Have some news for you and they are bit unpleasant... well for someone.

I'm out of project at this moment of time space and something-something etc-etc.

Reasons are simple: cuz life demands changes. I'm going to stop working on everything I've worked on so far because I have some troubles with health (eyes in particular.... yeah, that's unpleasant). On top of that, I finally managed to get new job after army but this job will steal all my time atm.

Thread will remain semi-active I think. Boingo have all avaible stuff I've done (at least what have been sent to him) so maybe there will be something. Maybe new release, even. Nere know for sure, heh.

See ya fellas.

I love your art and these images are really stylish. Kinda reminds me of some probably late 80s or early 90s animation I watched on TV as a kid (this one comes to mind, although the visuals there are somewhat brighter). Great job!

On 2/28/2020 at 12:12 PM, Wereknight said:

as I said. once per week. But I'm unemployed atm so I have more time for this stuff yet.

I knew I wasn't the only one! This stuff looks amazing my guy. 

One thing I need to point out, the images in 320x200 will be stretched by any source port to account for the aspect ratio. So the red planet in the previous post for example, will look oval and not round. The faces and other objects will be also stretched vertically, possibly distorting their proportions.

Unless you're doing this on purpose -- quite a few original DOS games had certain images not corrected for aspect ratio, like the notorious Earth screen in X-COM -- it might be a good idea to "squash" the art a bit vertically so that it looks right when it eventually gets into the game. E.g. you might make a 640x480 version of a screen and then downsize it to 320x200, and use this downscale as a reference for the final version that goes into the game.

4 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

These pics are made for what purpose?

Title, intermission or ending?

last 4 ones (that being said, excluding one with planet and cosmic ship) are intermission screens.

Ok.

I don't remember, but i think that this project uses ultimate doom IWAD as a base, right?

roK0EwY.gif

The pew-pew uranium pellets power.

Yes it's finally have angled reloading frames. The miracle has come to be truth.

NEVERMORE. IT'S DONE.

Arsenal is ready, let's hunt space fanatics, abominations and psyched aliens some day.

123443.png

Awesome stuff.

At first I thought the big red thing was the BFG but it's the chainsaw counterpart, right? Cool.

You know what, your HUD weapon design kinda-sorta reminded me of Wrath of Earth a bit.

Pickups for most of the stuff. Weapons were ecluded from this picture, I guess I posted them somewhere already.

j6J8LOA.png

Me again. Another update, obstacles are ready, basically, but some of them, as well as some pickups, need to be animated, therefore they need additional detail. Yeah you can see torches there, somewhere, but without fire yet, as well as dead juggernaut that must to burn.

iKbbm3c.png