Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TakenStew22

Favorite thing about the Doom games?

For me I think it's the endless and mindless amount of fun in the gunplay. There's just something about Doom's gameplay that seems so perfect to me. No questions, just shoot things.

I'm new to the forums btw. :)

Welcome to Doomworld!

My favorite thing about Doom? Monster infighting. Watching the enemies tear into each other and blow each other apart is always so entertaining...

8 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Welcome to Doomworld!

My favorite thing about Doom? Monster infighting. Watching the enemies tear into each other and blow each other apart is always so entertaining...

Oh hell yes. I always make the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind fight each other on Map 20 on Doom 2.

I always put my money on Cyber.

see someone fight my impossible bosses

I have a lot of time without seeing someone fighting my bosses

Edited by Gaia74

I dont want to sound rude and welcome to the forum, but there was already a thread like this :/ 

I love everything about Doom, specially the first episode of the first game, everything about the first two games has a very special charm, the weapons, the levels, the assets, the textures, the sounds, the music, the monsters, the power ups, the violence, i just love Doom!

Oh and the gameplay too, how could i forget, is flawess, a game without aiming because it does not need it, so many years and is still one of the best and most fun games ever, they did something special here.

I really like the controls actually. The way Doomguy slides around a bit with every movement, the actual speed of movement and the "doom jump", it's just... perfect. Oh, and the visuals always amazed me. I love Doom's textures.

WHO WOULD WIN: The armies of hell, or a lone pistol boi.

In other words, overcoming impossible odds.

The story!

It's the story about a man's gun mopping up the world of demons.

best thing about Doom to me is the creativity it inspires :3 of course it's the brilliance of the gameplay that gives people a reason to stick with modding Doom rather than moving further afield but the canvas is more interesting

Slaughtermaps obviously 

There's something so rewarding about slaughtering thousands of cyberdemons with a two bfg blasts and flexing on all these n00bs who can't do that and instead just whine all day and shit up this forum 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎 get good

Also yes I just used an emoji

14 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

I'm new to the forums btw. :)

Welcome to Doomworld!

13 hours ago, D88M said:

there was already a thread like this

Threads get repeated periodically, sometimes within weeks of each other. It happens.

14 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

For me I think it's the endless and mindless amount of fun in the gunplay. There's just something about Doom's gameplay that seems so perfect to me. No questions, just shoot things.

As for the OP, I like the flexibility of the game itself. It's flexible enough to allow a range of different playstyles, from slow and careful to run n' gun, and different game types from slaughtermaps to puzzle-intensive maps. The game also allows for free exploration of maps, even if you can go places you don't need to go to finish the level.

I also like the community that supports the game and is continually come up with new ways to enjoy it.

I've been Dooming since 1993, and I thoroughly enjoy each of the games old and new. With Doom 64 being my personal favorite. The thing I enjoy about the series as a whole is that they are games that you can just pick up and play right away. The game is simple - with little story interrupting your experience you travel through various environments slaying demons with an array of weapons while hunting down keys to progress the level.  The art direction in each game is always impressive, the sound design and overall atmosphere really stand out. Doom has stood the test of time, every few years a new game is created and continues to draw in crowds. Twenty-five years later and the franchise is still going strong! Look at the community of fans that are still around today, still creating new things for such an old game.

id Software crafted something special.

Edited by Ex Oblivione : Believe in Marty.

I’ve gotta say my favorite thing is probably the community support and how awesome the Devs are. No one creates a Doom map because they want money. It’s always a project of passion or fun.

Simply put, Doom and Doom 2 have aged REALLY well and has some of the best replay value of all games I have ever played. 

Shooting LOTS of demons in hell with classic or powerful high-tech weapons, fast-paced play, puzzle, level varieties, replay value, nostalgia feeling.

The thing that I enjoy is the fast-paced nature of the gameplay. I find myself having less patience with games these days and things like loading screens, unskippable cutscenes and prolonged death animations/restart times frustrate me. None of these are present in Doom and that fact, combined with the fast speed of the character and simple gameplay mechanics lends itself towards the fast and furious playstyle that I've come to really appreciate.

The design of the first episode is what attracted me to Doom. It looked so futuristic and I love how the game took place on the moons of Mars.

I ran through Doom for the first time in about a year very recently and honestly, I forgot just how damn fast this game is. I can zoom across an entire circle of hell and back, kill twenty enemies simultaneously with one shot, and I'm still not friggin' done. This game rules because of its fast pace and that when executed properly, the fact that it very rarely feels cheap or improperly difficult.

Also I love any game that's easy to mod... so there's that.

I can't choose a favourite thing, there are too many great aspects that contribute into something awesome.

Is it the variety of unique monsters? The modding community and content? The infighting? The weapons? The passion of the developers? The intriguing environments? The nostalgia?

All of the above.

Favorite thing? That it aged beautifully and the community is still very much alive.