The talk about sound reminds me of how Trent Reznor was gonna do Doom 3 sounds and stuff like the Commando's lines and all sounded kinda cool. A shame it didn't get in the final version. I think the Sawyer had some cut sounds too. 3/1/19 edit: another art direction choice that i thought was lacking was how power ups were either empty inside or had that plain image of a skull. I liked how some classic Doom power ups where spheres with moving demonic faces and Supercharge was like a trapped soul. That could have helped to make the new lore more interesting. 3/22/19 edit: something i realized is how this new version of the UAC has more advanced weaponry and most of the soldiers you find carrying stuff like the HAR are dead. Yet the soldiers that got possessed are carrying this specific plasma gun, as if only they got possessed and Hell never thought of possessing someone with a super shotgun. Of course the traditional zombiemen being gone is mostly because of hitscan but the idea of former humans carrying the same weapons as you is an interesting one, specially when Doomguy started out as a marine like these guys. Maybe they could have made it where their bullets/pellets are "demonic" as a side effect of possession, so they're projectiles but when you use the weapons, they're hitscan or something.   I also remembered how old Doom named their Hell levels, which was mostly stuff about mythological/religious/fantasy ideas and anything in that area. Stuff like "House of Pain", "Limbo", "Dis"...