Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAN_WITH_GUN

Anal Nightmare's (Vanilla Doom wad)

*glances at title*

4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Providing a download link to the WAD would be much appreciated, and providing some screenshots wouldn't hurt either.

Both of these things are debatable. :P 

17 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Providing a download link to the WAD would be much appreciated, and providing some screenshots wouldn't hurt either.

Done it, my bad.

Despite the name, and the music, there is nothing Terry-related in here. It's just a bland map with most of the textures being the default one you start with in GZDoom Builder. And most of the monsters are Arch-viles, except for the one Zombieman in the map.

I even looked at the file in SLADE just to be sure!

1 minute ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Despite the name, and the music, there is nothing Terry-related in here. It's just a bland map with most of the textures being the default one you start with in GZDoom Builder. And most of the monsters are Arch-viles, except for the one Zombieman in the map.

And there is >:>

Gotta admit, at first I thought I was in for a relatively dull terryWAD experience, but after doing some trial and error I actually noticed that you gave some good thought to how you'd mess with what the player would expect.

Eventually I got lazy, and cracked the map open in Doombuilder, because I was looking to find out how to get to the exit.

I liked the super tight walkways, and I think if one is willing to look past the same-y texturing, which does have its merits in terms of concept for this map, then this might be fun for people who have somewhat niche interests. There was some enjoyable stuff here for me personally (I like weird stuff), so here's a very casual "UVspeed" recorded with PrBoom+:

Anal_nightmares_CSpeed.zip

12 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Gotta admit, at first I thought I was in for a relatively dull terryWAD experience, but after doing some trial and error I actually noticed that you gave some good thought to how you'd mess with what the player would expect.

Eventually I got lazy, and cracked the map open in Doombuilder, because I was looking to find out how to get to the exit.

I liked the super tight walkways, and I think if one is willing to look past the same-y texturing, which does have its merits in terms of concept for this map, then this might be fun for people who have somewhat niche interests. There was some enjoyable stuff here for me personally (I like weird stuff), so here's a very casual "UVspeed" recorded with PrBoom+:

Anal_nightmares_CSpeed.zip

Thanks for this comment, i'm glad u enjoy it and yeah - clumsy and strange traps is the main part of this troll-wad, which should break the standard logic of the players)

10 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Here's a slighty faster run, which skips the walk ways entirely. Not sure if you had it planned this way or not.

Lol, I did not even think that this wad would be someone speedrunning, since I spent a whole day creating it :D

Just now, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Lol, I did not even think that this wad would be someone speedrunning, since I spent a whole day creating it :D

You can always count on some weirdos checking out your stuff ;-)

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

You can always count on some weirdos checking out your stuff ;-)

Heh, thanks. It's nice to see people like these strange wads)

In my opinion, the name reminds me more of "pain in the ass" than Terry WADs. That's what I think the author tried to convey with the title. And I think it was funny. So good job with the title choice :D

Next time, try to upload using ShareX (Google Drive offers a lot more free space), and set the direct link option to true. Just a tip, though :)

As for the WAD, in order to upload to /idgames, you will first have to make it at most eight characters long.

Anyway, on to the gameplay. I haven't managed to beat the map, so I can't really tell XD my bad. I did record an attempt video, though, but I don't want to put it here, due to the bad voice quality. I'm working on my equalizer settings.

6 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

In my opinion, the name reminds me more of "pain in the ass" than Terry WADs. That's what I think the author tried to convey with the title. And I think it was funny. So good job with the title choice :D

Next time, try to upload using ShareX (Google Drive offers a lot more free space), and set the direct link option to true. Just a tip, though :)

As for the WAD, in order to upload to /idgames, you will first have to make it at most eight characters long.

Anyway, on to the gameplay. I haven't managed to beat the map, so I can't really tell XD my bad. I did record an attempt video, though, but I don't want to put it here, due to the bad voice quality. I'm working on my equalizer settings.

Thanks for comment, this is my first try to create some joke-wad. Actually, I mostly do typical bases with high detail.

5 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Hey, we should do gimmick maps together! What do you think of we both working together on a level?

Tricky question, I have not had much time recently on mapping in the Doom Builder. (college and work)

19 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

in order to upload to /idgames, you will first have to make it at most eight characters long.

That is not correct. /idgames accepts longer filenames now.

3 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Tricky question, I have not had much time recently on mapping in the Doom Builder. (college and work)

Oh, that's not good. :/

Good luck, anyway! o/

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Ahh yes, I forgot. Well, thank you!

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

That's sad, but I don't rly want to upload this wad on idgames :{

9 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

That's sad, but I don't rly want to upload this wad on idgames :{

Then just don't do it. Not like you have to anyway. ;-)

2 hours ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Thanks for the comment, looking at the demo - you was very angry, lol xd

haha.  nah, it was a legit crash.  the archvile fired his attack and prboom+ quit on its own.  I did look back though, and noticed a few areas I never actually went down.  It looked like I got somewhat lucky in my playthrough.