Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thatdarnowl

Doom 3/id tech 4 Discord server?

I'm wondering how much interest there'd be in a Doom 3 discord server? Specifically related to modding Id Tech 4.

I know there are several separate Classic Doom discord servers and ones related to things like Quadrilateral Cowboy and The Dark Mod. But I haven't yet come across one for Doom 3 or Quake 4 specifically. Do any of you know one? If not would there be interest if I made one?

EDIT: Server has been made https://discord.gg/9wtCGHa

Edited by thatdarnowl

Don't think there is anybody modding Doom 3 honestly. And why would they? Doom 3's gunplay sucks which is a big part of the reason the game is widely regarded as mediocre. The game's presentation is the only thing it has going for it.

2 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Don't think there is anybody modding Doom 3 honestly. And why would they? Doom 3's gunplay sucks which is a big part of the reason the game is widely regarded as mediocre. The game's presentation is the only thing it has going for it.

I've seen the game improved with mods like Overthinked Doom 3. There are people who mod Doom 3 but they're scattered on misc messageboards like id tech 4 forums and moddb. It used to be there was a central community called Doom3World but they've since scattered.

The biggest reason why I wanted to make a discord server is because I really like Doom 3's engine Id Tech 4 and I like modding for it. So I figured it'd be cool to have a central hub where people could discuss it.

I welcome your idea. I really liked Doom 3 by its atmosphere. Slighty disappointing that the flow of single maps was extinguished. Sooner or later, I will also get acquainted with idTech 4 and do a couple of projects on it. I'm sure that here will be people who need it.