Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doommarine_maxi

Looking for Doom 3 and Doom Movie (2005) storyboards

Very interesting find, I'll add this to my Doom 3's 'concept art and making of' folder.

Anyone else notice General Hayden in the conference room, when in the game there was just Betruger? :) I wonder if he was going to be Samuel Hayden actually.

4 minutes ago, Kristian Nebula said:

Anyone else notice General Hayden in the conference room, when in the game there was just Betruger? :) I wonder if he was going to be Samuel Hayden actually.

In the original (and considerably more interesting) plot of Doom 3 Betruger starts as a secondary bad guy while General Hayden looks like he is the primary mastermind behind the demonic invasion, but after a while Betruger reveals himself to be the true mastermind after all. This was cut from the game because Tim (which we all know makes nothing but good decisions) thought this was "too much story". He also decided to remove various visions that the player was suppose to have during teleportation moments that gave glimpses into the ancient civilization on mars and hell's attacks on it, because that would simply have been too interesting to keep in the game. Feeding the story to the player via PDAs is much better storytelling.

2 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

In the original (and considerably more interesting) plot of Doom 3 Betruger starts as a secondary bad guy while General Hayden looks like he is the primary mastermind behind the demonic invasion, but after a while Betruger reveals himself to be the true mastermind after all. This was cut from the game because Tim (which we all know makes nothing but good decisions) thought this was "too much story". He also decided to remove various visions that the player was suppose to have during teleportation moments that gave glimpses into the ancient civilization on mars and hell's attacks on it, because that would simply have been too interesting to keep in the game. Feeding the story to the player via PDAs is much better storytelling.

Interesting! It really sounds they had somewhat similar ideas of what were used in DOOM 2016. Personally, I loved every bit of Doom3's story!

Always thought Olivia was like the Betruger of Doom 2016 but now there was supposedly going to be a Hayden in Doom 3 too? Really looks like several plot elements of the reboot were influenced by Doom 3.