Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jc1

Death Complex - a tech based map based on the episode 1 and 2 maps of Doom 1

Hi, I have been mapping for about 14-15 years now and I started this project back in 2006 in ZDaemon with a friend. I have been working on it until sometime between 2008 and 2010 when I lost the file from my hard drive and I got too busy with life. Fast forward in 2015/2016, an old friend actually had a copy of it and I have resumed working on it again and so far, it has 8 maps (and 1 under construction). I am the one who mostly worked on and completed them but 5 of the maps were started by two friends.

The story takes place mostly in Phobos from maps 1-7 and Deimos on the 8th map so the story is pretty much just like the original Doom 1. All of the maps are reminiscent and based on the tech maps of E1 and E2 so you will find several similarities with those maps. The maps can be played alone, the first few maps are pretty easy but the later maps are difficult. The recommended Doom port to play are Zandronum, ZDoom and the ports based on ZDoom like GZDoom. Jumping and freelook are required to do but not crouching so just don't crouch on windows to get to the other side. I didn't really create new textures except for additional keys like replacing the skull keys with green, orange and purple keys and I created one enemy with decorate which only appears as a boss in one map. I added some wrestling personalities in some of the title pictures.

deathcomplex.png.261ab8c0b32940af436bec211b7c6846.png

deathcomplex1.png.1730ea78ead4ad12146318dae0b423b8.pngdeathcomplex2.png.e5b8fb89316d588285155303f1286deb.pngdeathcomplex3.png.2a0601d88d2f0a07f4dc57291443c634.png

Download it here http://www.mediafire.com/file/vii0iy96d2r638x/deathcomplex4.wad/file

Some additional information if they are required

MAP01 - started by pvtvaladez,  completed by me

MAP02 - started by checkers, completed by me

MAP03 - started by me and completed it

MAP04 - started by me and completed it

MAP05 - started by pvtvaladez and completed by me

MAP06 - the oldest map and i started and completed it

MAP07 - started by checkers and completed by me

MAP08 - started by and completed by me

The music came from vgmusic from various games

Edited by Jc1