Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Is it a problem that programming languages have terms like "master" and "slave"?

@Xcalibur I personally think you need to take a step back from the political fringe.

Did you know that the majority of the sjw stuff piss's left wingers off just as much as it does the right wingers, the same with the alt-right troll nonsense as well.

You are talking about one extreme group/faction/side, no one listens to them. Blaming them for people doing what they feel is correct is basically blowing smoke up there arse.

Sad to say it, but you are coming across as a snowflake who has been watching to much Alex jones.

8 minutes ago, Liberation said:

@Xcalibur I personally think you need to take a step back from the political fringe.

Did you know that the majority of the sjw stuff piss's left wingers off just as much as it does the right wingers, the same with the alt-right troll nonsense as well.

You are talking about one extreme group/faction/side, no one listens to them. Blaming them for people doing what they feel is correct is basically blowing smoke up there arse.

Sad to say it, but you are coming across as a snowflake who has been watching to much Alex jones.

I don't think I'm on the fringe. I'm aware that many leftists disagree with SJW excesses. However, I would not call them irrelevant. they've extended their influence into many hobbies and institutions in an aggressive manner, and this is yet another example. they seem to prioritize typical white male interests as targets, so this incident fits the pattern quite well.

to reiterate, I'm opposed to fundamentalism and moralizing in general. It happens to be that currently, that mind-virus has taken the form of Social Justice.

3 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

But it's only recently that the change was made, and this coincides with a rise of leftist radicalism. This seems like more than a coincidence

You'd first of all need to provide proof that leftist radicalism is on a rise, which you cannot. In fact, mouthpieces like Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, or Steven Crowder have never been more popular overall, not to mention the guy who's currently sitting in the Oval Office. Do a reality check, it really helps.

Second of, you have made perfectly clear what it seems like for you. The fact remains that what "it seems like" is irrelevant. Your posts are based entirely on conjecture and wishful interpretation, all of which you aim to disguise as virtues only you as the single most politically neutral human being can pride yourself with. It's funny to see that there are still people around who are impressionable enough to fall for those cheap tricks of yours, but it doesn't change the reality that you are much more ideologically possessed than those who changed a few terms in their programming language. In short: You are easy to read, and it's getting old.

do you know what the word 'condescending' means? Because that's how you're coming across here

Are you suggesting that words can make people feel bad?! Just asking because that's what lots of folks here have been trying to explain to you for quite some time by now. Since we've successfully established by now that words can hurt, it should be glaringly obvious why your assumption belongs in the trash.

That link only helps prove my point. It indicates that the complaints were private

No, it literally shows that these  r e q u e s t s  were made publically (p u b l i s h e d!), on the internet, on a site where people could voice their opinion.

Whether there were private complaints or not is entirely irrelevant, because having ulterior motives is not the only reason why somebody would want to discuss something they have issues with in private, there are lots of other reasons for that and none of those have anything to do with political agenda.

the community objects to changes being made by way of an opaque process

The process was not opaque, and even if it was: Nothing about the product in question has been changed in a way that would affect the users in a negative fashion, so there is very little reason to pass memos around to begin with. And let's not pretend that people have ever been particularly agreeable when somebody who's in charge makes decisions they need to follow, even if said decisions don't even affect them negatively in the first place.

This supports the notion that this change was made due to manipulation/coercion by an external faction with an agenda

Notion is irrelevant. You argue "it must have been SJWs, because why else would people change these terms".

Many others here argue that there are good enough reasons to change these terms due to what they can be associated with; And at no point have you been able to counter these points. So on one side people have actual reasons, and on the other side there's you... And all you can provide is... Nothing of substance, really.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

2 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

I've gone over this, including in this post. And those people are far from imaginary, there are numerous other examples of this.

Nah, they're literally imaginary. It's quite clear you have a political ideology and narrative you're trying to push onto this story ("fanatics who don't even code forced this"), and since that narrative doesn't fit the facts you made up a conspiracy theory about some imaginary shadowy actors behind the scenes.

If I'm wrong, name the people who are behind this, or present a single shred of evidence they exist and orchestrated this. You won't because there isn't any, they don't exist and all this is just a conspiracy theory you made up to push a political narrative.

This whole story is so way overblown as to be ridiculous. Some Python developers decide to change some variable names, it turns into a news story and now people are inventing conspiracy theories about people behind the scenes "pulling the strings". Couldn't make this nonsense up if you tried.

If you're really serious about propaganda and "ideological control" you should be taking a look in the mirror and asking why you're so attached to this narrative that you're willing to invent and imagine new "facts" to preserve it.

2 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

The issue of changing 'master/slave' terminology seems petty and minor, until you realize how it plays into a much larger agenda of ideological control.

Oh fuck, now that you mentioned it, and with everything that's happening in the world right now, I'm finally able to connect the dots.

Welcome to Doomworld, Alex Jones.