Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rabidrage

Looping sound

I've been working on my no ambient light version of E1M1 for a while, and I came up with the idea to have a busted door.  It's partway open, but not enough to get through.  You hit the switch, it starts doing a ceiling waggle...but there's no sound.  I figured out how to make ceiling waggle and a sound both happen in a script, but the sound plays once.  I need it to loop.  It would be nice, after all, if the busted door makes some kind of noise to further demonstrate that the mechanism is busted.  How do I make it loop?

It's currently just DSDOROPN.  I might swap in the PSX/Doom 64 sound effect.  It plays once, then the ceiling continues to noiselessly waggle.

I would suggest making a sound sequence in SNDSEQ and assign it to that door sector in the map or with ACS. You can make a sound sequence loop easily.

Thanks, guys.  I'm gonna give it a shot.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll actually have this level ready to go soon.  Then I can continue and make a whole megawad.

It kinda works the way I set it up.  Only plays once, though.  Here's the SNDSEQ definition:

:JammedDoor
   playrepeat    DSDOROPN
end

and the script

script 1 (void)
{

SoundSequence ("JammedDoor");
;
Ceiling_Waggle(6,48,50,50,0);

}

So what's going wrong?

Sorry to be super literal, but when you say add "platform #" at the top, what does that look like in the definition?  Is it followed by a number?  I could use a visual.  I'm slow at this.  No background in programming until I started messing with Doom, though I've pulled off a few things...