Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phoby

Unpopular maps you enjoy

Do you mean maps that are generally disliked? I'll assume that's what you meant.

Pick any map from TNT: Evilution that most people seem to hate, and chances are it's one of my favourite maps in all the IWADs.

I absolutely adore Administration Centre, I don't see what people dislike about it. I also like Mount Pain, though I can see why people wouldn't like that one.

I LOOOOVE The Chasm.

Right when the level design is getting stale they through this really interesting challenge with an unexpected amount of verticality that makes navigating really interesting. 

2 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Do you mean maps that are generally disliked? I'll assume that's what you meant.

Pick any map from TNT: Evilution that most people seem to hate, and chances are it's one of my favourite maps in all the IWADs.

I absolutely adore Administration Centre, I don't see what people dislike about it. I also like Mount Pain, though I can see why people wouldn't like that one.

Most people don't like Mount Pain because of the outdoor area with the lost souls and long-range hitscanners.

Would you hate me if I said I really like Doom 2's M24: The Chasm?

I can understand why others hate it, but I enjoy it, because there's a lot of interesting, out-of-the-way places to explore. I particularly like the blue tech base area with all it's traps and secrets.

I also like M19 The Citadel for similar reasons based on it's explorability. 

'Unholy Cathedral', 'The Pit' and TNT's 'Mount Pain' can all go die in a fire however.

Nirvana's one of my favourites, despite all the hate it gets. I load it up every now and then if I want a short blast of Doom.