Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Serious Sam Vs Doomguy

Alright... I'll take this serious as someone on a Doom forum who has never played a Serious Sam game despite owning them all.

Doomguy wins... speed and power armor vs a serious dude in a T-shirt & jeans? Even game wise... ever play any of the spin off games? They're both unique and most are terrible. Doom has a higher standard of what is an official release.

I appreciate the fact that there's another FPS out there other than Doom & Duke. Let's throw in Painkiller too.

2 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Commander Keen wins.

Thats a great avatar btw.

Ya doom guy wins with easy. other than big guns, there is nothing special about Sam.

It really depends on the situation the fight is happening in. Serious Sam works well in large open areas, as is demonstrated numerous times in the games. Doomguy, on the other hand, has weapons that work best at very close range. The only "long range" weapon Doomguy really has is the chaingun. If you put the two in any sort of small area, like most Doom deathmatch maps, then Doomguy easily wins. If you put them in a large area like in most Serious Sam maps, then I'd say Sam has the upper hand.

the two buddy up as saviors of humanity and become best friends as they stomp legions of vile monsters

doomguy's gotta have respect for humanity's heroes and would probably be willing to work with them. why do fictional characters gotta fight all the time

Serious Sam is just a techdemo and clone of Doom and Duke Nukem. DN3D at least had advanced gameplay and cool maps. Serious Sam's maps are very simple and gameplay is copied from Doom. Serious Sam is not worth to be mentioned with one and only badass Doomguy IMO.

For my part, I never compared any of the protagonists in the FPS games of that generation, whether it was Doomguy, Duke Nukem, Caleb (from Blood), Kyle Katarn (SW: Dark Forces), Lo Wang, or Serious Sam. I was just playing a character in a different part of the universe each time.

But between the two, I'd have to give them equal points. Each can move quickly, each can carry a devastating array of armaments, and each (generally) needs to use the same strategies to survive.

[I'd give Serious Sam a bit of an edge because he can jump & crouch. But, of course, Doomguy can do the same in GZDooM and other source ports that support them.]