Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

stay away from Eidos

the game publisher Eidos has pissed me off agian. i have now come up with this universal equation
eidos+any game company=game with a TON of very shitty bugs

every game i have bought from eidos, for the PC, has been loaded with major badass bugs. this has killed many good games. many bugs either crash the game and windows or u cant progress in the game due to a bug. this has killed so many promising games. the question is why does this happen. its like they skip the beta testing stage all together. then they and the game company dont seem to make patches that are worth a damn. here is a list of games with nasty bugs in order of the worst to least

omikron:the nomad soul
tombraider(all)
commandos
anachronox
final fantasy VII

and a few others.

all these games had horrible bugs, the game with the least so far has been final fantasy VII(PC version)

any othe eidos complaints

I have Commandos. An OK game, or at least it would if it wasn't so blasted difficult. In fact, that's pretty much the game's only bug-the difficulty. Oh well.

I played through the un-patched first version of Deus Ex, I don't recall any bugs. But hey, it isn't just constrained to Eidos for buggy software. Everyone remember Activision's blaring fuck-up of a release called Sin? That was a bit of a double bang - they released a game that, if it was bug free and wasn't released at the same time as Half-Life, alot of people could have liked. Hmmmmz, wonder what Ritual's up to nowadays (I remember they did FAKK2, but I never played through that one).

EDIT: There, they're working on Star Trek Elite Force 2. Press release here (yeah it's a bit old).

I'm getting anachronox whether you like it or not, dammit. Yes, there is an awful bug that keeps recurring for my in FF7, during Cid's flashback, near the end, the game freezes.

I've never had a problem with Champ Manager during all the years I've played it. Deus Ex was problem free too.

GooberMan said:

I played through the un-patched first version of Deus Ex, I don't recall any bugs. But hey, it isn't just constrained to Eidos for buggy software. Everyone remember Activision's blaring fuck-up of a release called Sin? That was a bit of a double bang - they released a game that, if it was bug free and wasn't released at the same time as Half-Life, alot of people could have liked. Hmmmmz, wonder what Ritual's up to nowadays (I remember they did FAKK2, but I never played through that one).

I remember the Ritual guys talking about this at a presentation they gave at UTD. You've got the game ready to go gold, the publisher is ready to rock, and the coders want to stick in one last little thing. They do, and the bugs just start piling up. Shit happens.

EDIT: There, they're working on Star Trek Elite Force 2. Press release here (yeah it's a bit old).

Hey, if anyone's gonna be in Dallas October 18-20, come to UTD and you might be able to browbeat Levelord and company into showing off a little of Elite Force 2. :) Hey, if we get enough beer into Levelord...

anachronox is what started this, the game rocks. just the bugs bring it down. there is one nasty bug that will not let u beat the game, fairly. this game should have gone through a much better debug. however there are a few patches, but good luck getting them. downloading them for free suck because they are on file planet and the fre servers are at least 30min wait. also i dont think it fixes that bug