Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaxxoon R

Where's VEGA?

Doomguy backing him up seemed like a pretty important detail, giving insight into the former's character and potentially setting up a bunch of cool plot threads. He's also the only character really chill with Doomguy, everyone else is either afraid of him or trying to screw him over. Weirdly enough there's been zero mention of him in any of the trailers or press release interviews.

Where my boy at?

Maybe VEGA (Did they mean the A.I. is "vaguer"?) is inhabiting the Praetor suit, lending it the ability to evolve? I also wonder if that tether function will play a role this time too.

The facility VEGA was housed in was destroyed IIRC, so he would need a new home somewhere. If it ends up being the Praetor suit there needs to be something about it that sets it apart from Master Chief and Cortana.

25 minutes ago, GuyMcBrofist said:

there needs to be something about it that sets it apart from Master Chief and Cortana.

Cortana doesn't give you power-ups. She also tells you what to do, VEGA shouldn't.

59 minutes ago, Duke of Pathoris said:

Cortana doesn't give you power-ups. She also tells you what to do, VEGA shouldn't.

Fair enough. I was thinking more along the lines of how the actual interface and VEGA's manifestation was supposed to work.

1 hour ago, Ex Oblivione said:

He's on a microchip assigned to Doomslayer's pocket.

You mean like some kind of Pocket PC? Hmmm...!

Or they could have us piece VEGA back together by collecting PDAs. It could be like the reverse of HAL's mental demise from Space Oddysey. Slurred speech at first and an increase in cognitive function as the game progresses.

I'm sure with the new "lore" id's now going with, he'll make an apparence I'd bet. maybe he will become a personal A.I. to doomguy, it wouldn't bother me to be honest. I'm not really worried about the lore, I'm just here to shoot shit.

Yeah, I think VEGA will most likely return considering Doomguy's backing him up in the previous game.

What his role is going to be though, no idea.

We know Doomguy made a back-up of VEGA, so I'd imagine he'll return in some capacity. What I'm curious about is whether he retains all his memories, or whether the back-up was just a copy of the source code and executable that VEGA initially spawned from. VEGA is obviously an incredibly complex AI that is constantly learning, evolving, and retaining memories. Was that little USB drive-thingy really enough to store all of that, or did it just copy enough to essentially birth a new VEGA?

Of course, if it *didn't* copy everything, it technically wouldn't be a back-up.

I'm non sure about Vega. Samuel thanks the doom slayer when he makes a backup but then doesn't take it. I understand he was overexcited about having the crucible, but he doesn't look like the man who forget such important details. Unless he wants the doom slayer to have it. I don't picture the slayer to listen or follow instructions from anyone, so figure he will listen to an AI.

Also I'm not sure about Hayden as well. He is a manipulative bastard but surely not the bad guy. He just wanted to resolve the energy crisis but he never wanted the demons to take over. 

On 9/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, PvtHudson206 said:

Wait, did doom guy really back VEGA up on a chip or something? Why do I not remember that?? Weird... 

I somehow forgot that the first time I played it too. It wasn't memorable.

On 9/22/2018 at 7:07 AM, Kaos said:

I'm non sure about Vega. Samuel thanks the doom slayer when he makes a backup but then doesn't take it. I understand he was overexcited about having the crucible, but he doesn't look like the man who forget such important details. Unless he wants the doom slayer to have it. I don't picture the slayer to listen or follow instructions from anyone, so figure he will listen to an AI.

Also I'm not sure about Hayden as well. He is a manipulative bastard but surely not the bad guy. He just wanted to resolve the energy crisis but he never wanted the demons to take over. 

I don't think Samuel actually noticed that VEGA was backed up.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, Novaseer said:

I don't think Samuel actually noticed that VEGA was backed up.

I actually had to rewatch it. He thanks Vega when he inform him the process his complete. I was convinced he was thanking the doom slayer since it happens just when he backs up Vega.