Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TG35211

The main aspects and features of 3D shooters.

Hello, I am an A-Level student creating a 3D shooter similar to DOOMs playstyle (fast-paced, first-person, etc).

I have created a questionnaire to gauge interest in certain aspects and features.

As this forum focuses on a similar style of game to the one I am looking to create, I would be grateful if some of you would be able to fill in my questionnaire, which will give me better ideas of features to include, and a more focused design specification overall.

Please fill in my questionnaire here: https://goo.gl/forms/c3LuYr2xdf9Tkkuu2

Will do!

I never considered any of the Dooms or early Quakes as an "3D Arena Shooter" as the single player maps aren't really arenas. Maybe Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament are Arena Shooters? Maybe you're talking more about the multiplayer as opposed to single player?

2 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

Will do!

I never considered any of the Dooms or early Quakes as an "3D Arena Shooter" as the single player maps aren't really arenas. Maybe Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament are Arena Shooters? Maybe you're talking more about the multiplayer as opposed to single player?

Thank you for filling it out!

Although DOOM games may not be considered arena shooters, I am trying to capture the speed-centered gameplay and mechanics that are found in DOOM games, but are also present in games like Quake 3 and unreal tournament.