Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Telepathetic

Is this an og 3.5 copy? I never seen this box before

I got this at goodwill today. Really good condition. I've jus never seen this box before. I dont have a floppy to check the disc with tho. Any knowledge would be appreciated. 

20180916_125811.jpg

20180916_125756.jpg

20180916_125822.jpg

20180916_125850.jpg

20180916_125951.jpg

I'd pick it up. That said, it appears to be a shareware copy made by a shareware distributor and is therefore far less valuable than the mail order registered version. Specifically the registered version comes on 4 disks, it doesn't have the blue/red doom label on the disks, and the box is in two segments (registered version opens from flaps at the ends).

It still looks nice nonetheless.

I'm just kind of curious about the "ITEM" field in the HUD. But yeah, it's shareware. Which it states in the blurb on the back, so no surprise there. But it is really neat. And if you got an original Doom 2 disc with it, bonus points. No idea if it's rare, which it very well could be; but rare doesn't necessarily mean valuable. There were plenty of shareware distributors at that point.

But yes, it is cool. I definitely would've picked that up if I had found it.

the ITEM field and the like in the hud is because they just reproduced some of the screenshots that were released around the time of the Doom press release beta. Odd, but i guess it works...

They had em both in the box. Didnt even notice til after check out. I thought the floppies were like reinstall discs and the game was on the cd. Lol. It was a nice surprise. My brother pointed it out and was they got doom on dvd and I was like" ewwww" but i saw the cover and was intrigued. Lol