Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

10 answers to this question

Your MAPINFO looks correct. If it doesn't work, make sure that SKY4 exists in your wad/pk3 not only as a graphic patch, but also as a texture definition.

That's how sky texture works, on floors and ceilings, not walls, unless you use Line_Horizon linedef effect or lower some sectors of your sky.

7 minutes ago, WatermelonPL said:

Only shows on top

I'm not sure what does this mean, but if you were trying to use either the F_SKY1 flat or the SKY4 texture as a wall texture, that's not how to make a sky appear properly.

Just now, scifista42 said:

I'm not sure what does this mean, but if you were trying to use either the F_SKY1 flat or the SKY4 texture as a wall texture, that's not how to make a sky appear properly.

EDIT: Now works, too high sector

1 hour ago, WatermelonPL said:

Only shows on top

EDIT: Now works, too high sector

I'm not sure what you mean by "too high." The sector height should be relatively immaterial. The F_SKY1 flat is essentially just a clear texture that allows the player to see through it to the image of the sky behind it. That's how you can make buildings look like they're higher than the surrounding walls, using the fact that the "ceiling" is clear and the engine ignores wall textures that are between two sectors with F_SKY1 ceiling flats.

1 hour ago, WatermelonPL said:

How to use Line_Horizon?

I think tempdecal was referring to the trick described in this thread:

29 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I think tempdecal was referring to the trick described in this thread

Actually I was referring to this, but I suppose the one described in that thread works too if he's mapping in Vanilla format.

2 hours ago, WatermelonPL said:

How to use Line_Horizon?

I'm bad at describing things but what you have to do is apply the linedef effect to one of your sky sector linedefs, and this will extend the floor and ceiling behind that linedef "into infinity", making it appear as if there's no wall there, as described in the wiki page (assuming your mapping in one of the ZDoom formats or UDMF in the first place).

This special is to be placed on a line in the map, which is then “extended” into infinity. It will only create an infinite view on that particular line, so you may need to place it on multiple lines to get the desired effect. Useful for skyboxes.