Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carnevil

ST v0.93b Bug Report Thread

Hmm.. dont know is it bug or not.. - but how can i connect to any game? It said "use the launcher for now" - but where is it? There were only 2 files in zip: skulltag.exe & skulltag.wad..

bond said:

Hmm.. dont know is it bug or not.. - but how can i connect to any game? It said "use the launcher for now" - but where is it? There were only 2 files in zip: skulltag.exe & skulltag.wad..

Check this thread.

I've tried to connect:
skulltag.exe -connect 64.130.248.5
and got these messages:
Connected.
Version 0.92 Server
prevcmd: svc_specialsettings
report prevcmd to Carnevil right away!!!

that i also do :)

Okay Bond, this problem should be fixed now. I uploaded the wrong zipfile, LOL. But, the right version is up there, so grab it and you should be good.

K, now the first thing I wish to address is the speed issue. When I crank her up to 1024x768 [which is what my desktop is atm], it goes slow as all else... which is peculiar considering I am running a Duron 650 w/ 384 megs of ram under the hood...

Now.. that brings me to problem #2.. the display... Unless it's 384x400, 320x480 or 1024x768.... there's a nasty clipping problem at the top of the screen... primarily it displays the bottom half in a flickering fashion... which makes playing... well it gets very annoying, very fast :(

I am running an Nvidia Geforce 4 ti4400... and am wondering if this may be causing the problem... though since it works so god like with everything else..

So I was playing vs Yasu on the server and I'll admit... I was starting to get my ass handed to me :( So I hit the switch in the brown room to get the berserk pack [for some much needed health] and SUDDENLY! It raises up with me STILL on it... BUT! I am now trapped... not quite all the way up... but not able to move.. and I get a HOM affect... Yasu couldn't do anything to help me either [though after 5-600 rockets not doing anything it as hilarious]

This was on the first dm map... and I don't recall this occuring before.. :(

TknoMncr said:

So I was playing vs Yasu on the server and I'll admit... I was starting to get my ass handed to me :( So I hit the switch in the brown room to get the berserk pack [for some much needed health] and SUDDENLY! It raises up with me STILL on it... BUT! I am now trapped... not quite all the way up... but not able to move.. and I get a HOM affect... Yasu couldn't do anything to help me either [though after 5-600 rockets not doing anything it as hilarious]

This was on the first dm map... and I don't recall this occuring before.. :(

Yeah, that's a known bug. I'll look into it.

i have problems with this wad, CTF_BLOD.WAD

in 0.92 version its imposible to play it in multiplayer mode, but in level mode i can play it to show people in my house

now in 0.93 version its imposible to play the wad in any mode

carnevil, you can download and test this wad please
ftp://root:12345@ftp.kraven.cl/uploads/lcd/ctf_blod.zip

thanks a lot, do your best!!

another bug i found, a SHEMALE unknow var

another:

when im connected to a server if i start a normal map, i crash the server, the server must say "pepe disconnected", but its freeze and when i reconnect the server keep working

grettings, ill help with a full BETA TESTER mind, :>, i have a lot of people with test with 28 ping, or 300 ping, :>

[DMC]Duke4Ever! said:

another bug i found, a SHEMALE unknow var

heh, shemale var. omg, carn have some weird varible names... :P

lol

ok, here is my new bugy. my graphics are screwed up and all the colors and stuff look, well, crap. but I only notice this when I am playing by my self, when I join Carn's server the bug goes away.

I Connected to your little server using the launcher and version 93 of skulltag, the text was streched i was running 800*600 windowed

DesertEagle said:

Huh-huh-huh... shemale... huh-huh-huh. Huh, huh-huh-huh.

OMG, sounds hot.

Boo, color tags don't work :(

TknoMncr said:

Now.. that brings me to problem #2.. the display... Unless it's 384x400, 320x480 or 1024x768.... there's a nasty clipping problem at the top of the screen... primarily it displays the bottom half in a flickering fashion... which makes playing... well it gets very annoying, very fast :(

I am running an Nvidia Geforce 4 ti4400... and am wondering if this may be causing the problem...

I get the same problem, I'm sure it's ptc.dll. I had the same problem with my geforce2, every time a new driver came out it was 50:50 whether i'd get video problems. No problems with the latest zdoom, as it uses a different renderer.

Ct_red_pants said:

will it shot it from crashing randomly to?

No, that's not PTC's fault, but Carns ;)

I made a server! (thanks... that took some time...) but when i registered it on the master list it did nothing, the server ran, i could even connect to it, but the server didnt come up on the master list. what is with the launcher? did you program it not to show servers on your ip address?

Behold! it's happened again! the ST forums are dead!
That could be a bug in itself.

Carnevil said:

heh

OMG TEH CARNIE LIVES!! Err, so how's skulltag coming along?

(I'm an idiot:P )

i really wanna ditch zdaemon cause its lookin more and more like something in the area of everquest + doom and thats just not right, will the master server ever go back up, so i can run a server, and play doom the way it was meant to be, without experence points.