fraggle

Vanilla Doom smooth weapons

9 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

-Drag and drop all of the files to either prboom or glboom exe

-Use PrBoom+ built-in launcher: 

Screenshot_3.png.2fc74d418b94940474b7b0a21064b68d.png

-Use some alternative launchers like Doom Explorer

-Make a thread about it on this webstite

PrBoom + has a launcher? Never appeared to me, always had to use a .bat file. 

I did manage to make it work via .bat file, turns out I had made a mistake writing it, a missed space between the .wad file and the complevel. 

I appreciate the help!

EDIT: I do have a question, in a bat file, if I want to add more than one wad, do I have to just write -file and then every wad I want to add, or to I need to write -file before each individual wad? 

Edited by NotSoSeriousNick : Extra question

3 hours ago, NotSoSeriousNick said:

EDIT: I do have a question, in a bat file, if I want to add more than one wad, do I have to just write -file and then every wad I want to add, or to I need to write -file before each individual wad? 

The former.

Sorry to bump this thread but is there any way to make this compatible with Smoothed?

Using both seems to bug out this mod (most noticeable with the SSG).

Smooth Doom has terrible animations, so I made changes to this version which has better timing and some altered frame artwork. It's more dynamic and hews closer to the durations and animation of the original game. I'm guessing that's why it doesn't work.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:37 AM, Ralphis said:

Just tagging @Scuba Steve and @Doomkid to remind them to tag me back if they ever get around to fixing the green fog on multiplayer item respawns. Have been using this on Odamex servers and, beside the wrong item respawn fog, players love it.

Instead of trying to force this through dehacked... would something like dehextra being more beneficial for use with Odamex?

On 1/20/2022 at 11:52 PM, Scuba Steve said:

Instead of trying to force this through dehacked... would something like dehextra being more beneficial for use with Odamex?

As of a month ago, absolutely

Awesome work as usual Steve!

23 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

complevel9 (boom2.02) fails occasionally and I can't figure out why. Maybe someone can figure it out.

Could it have something to do with how cl9 handles SSG reloading a bit differently? (To clarify, that thing where Doomguy loads 2 nonexistent shells into the barrel after you run out of ammo)

29 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

DEH Extra Smooth Weapons

I completely rewrote the smooth weapons to now take advantage of DEHExtra... no more stealing frames and code pointers from other entries, this works with any port that supports DEHExtra. Tested with vanilla and no desynchs with demos... however, complevel9 (boom2.02) fails occasionally and I can't figure out why. Maybe someone can figure it out.

Good stuff, though the chainsaw acts up a bit on GZDoom, which if I'm not wrong should support DEHExtra (tested DSDA and the issue isn't there): 

All other weapons work just fine. Zero idea what the issue might be, sorry.

Looks like GZDoom is trying to center the weapon every few frames. Unlike vanilla Doom, most ZDoom family ports center the weapon when firing. I'm not sure if there's a way around this, since GZDoom seems to be interpreting one of the frames as being of the "ok center the weapon now because you're attacking" variety..

Considering we have NightFright's newer enhanced version made for GZDoom, which is the one I've been using for months now, it's a bit of a non-issue, at least for the time being. I guess it'd depend on if Steve wants to be super thorough about this version working across as many DEHExtra-supported ports as he can stomach programming/bugfixing it for.

Edited by Biodegradable

Updated the file; now includes the decorate lump from the original vanilla smooth wad that fixes the chainsaw bug in ZDoom. There are still some weird visual problems with ZDoom because it has some of the worst dehacked support so you're better off using the decorate variant specifically for GZDoom.

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Could it have something to do with how cl9 handles SSG reloading a bit differently? (To clarify, that thing where Doomguy loads 2 nonexistent shells into the barrel after you run out of ammo)

Is there a way to account for this? What causes this? It would be interesting to know if the prior vanilla smooth weapons I tweaked desynchs or if there is something unique about the dehextra version.

What is the latest version for chocolate doom? In this thread there are versions from different users and I don't know which one to use, because I'm having trouble getting it to work. I need help to load in choco.

Sometimes a .deh file is included and other not. Which version is recommended for each port?

18 hours ago, Ulukai said:

What is the latest version for chocolate doom? In this thread there are versions from different users and I don't know which one to use, because I'm having trouble getting it to work. I need help to load in choco.

Sometimes a .deh file is included and other not. Which version is recommended for each port?

For Choco you should load the separate DEH file by

-deh filename.deh

or load the DEHACKED lump from PWAD file by

-merge pwadname.wad -dehlump

4 hours ago, SoDOOManiac said:

For Choco you should load the separate DEH file by

-deh filename.deh

or load the DEHACKED lump from PWAD file by

-merge pwadname.wad -dehlump

Thanks, it works now. I think I used dehextra version in sometime for mistake, copy paste error with files or names. I suppose that dehextra version doesn't work with Chocolate.

The next step will be run Choco with Smooth Weapons and Sprite Fixing, if this is possible.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:25 AM, fraggle said:

I've been sitting on this long enough that I figured I should probably just make a thread about it already and gather some wider feedback.

I've been putting together a Dehacked/vanilla-compatible port of Perkristian's smooth weapons mod. While this has been ported to most source ports, as far as I know this is the first vanilla-compatible version, and I had to invent new tooling to gather together enough extra animation frames to make it work.

Download here. I'll upload to idgames once I get enough feedback.

Features:

• Replaces all weapons with versions that have more animation frames. I've made this as conservative as possible so that this is just "more animation frames" - you won't find any black gloves or extra fanciness here.
  • Entirely vanilla-compatible and can be literally played with vanilla Doom (batch files are included in the .zip), and Chocolate Doom as well of course.
  • Demo compatible with vanilla Doom - you can play back vanilla demos and they won't desync. Or you can record vanilla demos with it loaded and it shouldn't make any difference. It's been tested against over 9,400 demos from the Compet-N archive which all play back without desyncing (using statcheck).
  • Palette compatible with major mods like BTSX using my limited palette hack (see video below)
  • Source code for the Dehacked patch can be found here in the DEH9000 repository. Yes, that really is the source code.

Yes it like gzdoom but is running in bosbox

Hi!

So I'm not too invest in the whole modding scene etc, but I know and love the "Smooth DOOM" animations that "Gifty" did. It says in the description that the mod is not cross sourceport and so on, but would this be possible for you to do? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I would just love to play with this in Crispy DOOM :3

Gifty's Mod:

On 10/31/2022 at 9:55 PM, ERREX said:

So I'm not too invest in the whole modding scene etc, but I know and love the "Smooth DOOM" animations that "Gifty" did. It says in the description that the mod is not cross sourceport and so on, but would this be possible for you to do? Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I would just love to play with this in Crispy DOOM :3

Smooth Doom was converted to DeHackEd by @VGA for use with e.g. Crispy Doom and Doom Retro 

You can also use the player's smooth weapon animations along with that

Now that after years of "enhancing" my skills towards photoshop, i want to redo my work (yes, all of them including the .deh). Just needed to find some DEH "tools" to work on...

10 hours ago, Proxmin-O said:

Now that after years of "enhancing" my skills towards photoshop, i want to redo my work (yes, all of them including the .deh). Just needed to find some DEH "tools" to work on...

I recommend DECOHACK, especially if you have any experience writing DECORATE lumps for zdoom.