Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenslimeriver

Annoying Hotkey Problem in GZDoom

Hi. This might or might not be GZDoom related. Well, at least some of it isn't..

I'm on a HP Envy notebook using Windows 8.1 and I keep triggering hotkeys while playing which is messing heavily with my gameplay.

I was able to solve some of this via the customize control options but some other stuff I don't know how to get rid of.

Also I've broken some keys which has forced me to reassign controls a couple of times which then in turn brought along new hotkey triggering.

So I'm experiencing very weird behaviour when I combine certain keys. For example my weapon kept changing to handgun on many occasions in the middle of playing

until I realized that pressing x+5+4 (5+4 on the num block) triggers a "2".

I was able to solve this one by reassigning the weapon slot but still my keyboard is producing a "2" if I'm using the above mentioned combination: x5222222

Also, x+5+6 will turn key LEDs on/off.. Now of course this doesn't have anything to do with GZDoom but I guess I'm hoping anyone here can shed some light on this..

Another thing that happens though, is that when I press ctrl+x+5+6 (num block again) while playing it will bring up the "display options" screen specifically which is something I can't seem to be able to change via GZDoom because there is no such option. But it is clearly related to the above combinations and therefore not a direct sourceport problem.

I couldn't come up with useful google results so far, so I just figured I'd bring it up here, hoping someone could help..

thanks for reading anyways!

This doesn't sound like a hotkey problem at all. Your keyboard seems to be physically damaged as what you're experiencing sounds far more like its producing erroneous scancodes from specific signal combinations. Usually a symptom of liquid damage or some other kind of physical short on the board.

That makes more sense than mysterious hotkeys no one knows about.

Even though I never spilled anything on it.. I guess the Notebook has had a couple of lives

and I'll chalk it up to regular wear.

thank you for your reply.