Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Best Texture Packs?

Now, I've looked at many texture packs on Realm667 and Afterglow... but there's so many good ones I can't pick! Most of them look awesome!

What are the best ones that are in the style of Doom and Doom 2?

The texture pack from Community Chest 4, cc4-tex.wad, has become a de facto standard, and not without reason.

1 minute ago, Empyre said:

The texture pack from Community Chest 4, cc4-tex.wad, has become a de facto standard, and not without reason.

Oh hey Empyre. Haven't seen you in a while. That's partially because I don't go on Zandronum as much as I used to.

4 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Oh hey Empyre. Haven't seen you in a while. That's partially because I don't go on Zandronum as much as I used to.

I thought your name looked familiar! I have been hanging out around here as well as Zandronum for quite a while, now.

2 minutes ago, Empyre said:

I thought your name looked familiar! I have been hanging out around here as well as Zandronum for quite a while, now.

Yeah, there have not been a lot of good servers lately.

As for the texture pack you told me about, I got a copy of it and looking at the textures right now... it's really good, actually. Some of the textures I like that I've seen in Doom WAD's I've played are in here, so this is obviously a goldmine of fanmade textures. Well, at least for me. It could be just the common ones for someone else.

Ancient Aliens textures are also good, but first if you want use them, you need convert iwad textures in different palette. I can tell it's worth it. Also, patched up texture set for more traditional doom II look.

DoomPotpourri texture pack have all purpose textures, including new animated ones. And it's fit Doom/Doom 2 pretty well.

I'm close to another release for my Heretic/Hexen/Blasphemer pack, "Stalungcraeft", which also includes Doom-paletted versions for the sake of completeness  If you like brick, wood and rock textures, you should still find some useful stuff in there.  Currently stands at 1440 textures.

//EDIT:  released.

Edited by DooMAD : download now available

In a couple of months we'll have Otex, which the mappers who have early access to have very positive things to say about.

But otherwise cc4, aa and Zoon would be my three picks as well.