Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rene Mori

Some sprites from unfinished boom compatible wad.

Edit: added wad in the end of the post with all these sprites sorted out, if somebody doesn't want to edit sprite sheets.

Hey, everybody, I decided to upload some sprites from boom compatible wad I started quite a while ago. Considering how busy I'm going to be this year, there is just no way I will ever finish it, and this whole project honestly feels like dead weight to me. I must warn you, a lot of these sprites (especially weapons) in dire need of some polishing, and just in overall this whole thing currently looks quite mediocre, but perhaps somebody would actually find some sort of usage of this stuff, that would be quite neat. 

(Just to clarify, all these sprites use original doom palette)

Here is what I managed to salvage (it's not actually that much, now that I'm looking at it)

Weapons

Spoiler

Pistol replacement:

oqXoRJi.png

Chainsaw replacement:

AhQpG3n.png

Super shotgun replacement:

g6EXJHA.png

Chaingun replacement:

y1y2IMN.png

Rocket launcher replacement:

HbiyUVb.png?1

Plasma rilfe replacement:

v5AurfO.png

Bfg replacement:

20MlbGB.png

Alpha chainsaw replacement, you might notice it's done in a completely different style/way compared to other weapons, this whole nightmare wad was actually created because of it in the first place:

4Lea3mu.png

Enemies (Just edited vanilla or realm667 monsters)

Spoiler

Cyber marine (with alpha plasma pistol)

2WAgFkz.png

Edited hierophant - originally created by Eriance

So it's pretty much original hierophant torso + afrit flames merged with each other.

dZAIkj4.png

Edited machinegun zombieman - created by Skelegant/David G

Added shoulder rocket launcher + some small edits, nothing special, really.

SBNwwD1.png

There is also edited vanilla imp, which I created long time ago, but as it turns out this concept was already kinda done before. 

x27lzNB.png

Regardless, I will still include all his sprites in the wad though, because why not? 

Projectiles/misc(Just some leftovers/random somewhat decent stuff)

Spoiler

PerMEFg.png

Well, there you have it folks, quite miniscule collection, not gonna lie. Here is video showcasing these weapons (except one), just to have general idea of how it might look like in action:

I will upload wad with all these sprites (for the sake of convenience) slightly later, unfortunately can't really do that right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0mvuqcel050avs/UnusedSP.wad?dl=0 - and now wad with all these sprites is available for download, isn't it just sweet?

So, yeah, this is it I guess, if you are still reading this, then you are a real champ.

Oh, and if you are actually going to use these sprites, then just simple credits would be more than enough.

Edited by BioRenegat : Wad link

Everything looks so cool!

Anyway, why the bfg-like gun uses rockets as ammo? That's pretty weird IMO, and what changes do over a new colour? It have some strong splash damage of sorts?

Digging the pistol replacement. I'll take those sprites alone for my own personal use.

So, first, updated link for the wad, if anybody is allergic to sprite sheets, then this is quite decent alternative to get these sprites.

Second, replying to all cool people above:

2 hours ago, Glaice said:

Digging the pistol replacement. I'll take those sprites alone for my own personal use.

Alright, that's pretty damn sweet, I hope these sprites will serve you well.

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Anyway, why the bfg-like gun uses rockets as ammo? That's pretty weird IMO, and what changes do over a new colour? It have some strong splash damage of sorts?

Ah, well spotted, the reason bfg uses rockets is because chainsaw was replaced with another cell consuming weapon, so that would make 3 cell based weapons. By making bfg using rockets, I achieved perfect (at least in my delusional head) balance of weapons, with 2 different kinds of weapons for each ammo type.

Also, spot on guess about splash damage, this bfg is practically rocket launcher on steroids, which makes it quite effective from long distances. I changed colors to signify this change in behaviour, in a way, I guess.

By the way, just because I'm not going to work on this wad this year, doesn't mean I completely abandoned it, perhaps one day I will pull it out from the purgatory to give it some treatment it deserves.

Edited by BioRenegat

Real nice sprite mods bro, don't knock yourself. =)

Hope someone picks it up, dig the plasma pistol & two blackish marine enemies in particular!