Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drfrag

LZDoom 3.88b released

I've released 3.87b. Mainly to fix sound limiting not working for full volume monster sounds and to add better widescreen support and autoload Nash's wide graphics. Copy the game_widescreen_gfx.pk3 file from GZDoom or download them from Nash's repository and rename the file. You can also copy Scuba Steve's conpics from the LZDoom 4.5 beta when it's released. There are other GZDoom fixes too.

I've found another serious bug and it's about graphic glitches with partial invisibility on the modern render path, it's also present in GZDoom since 4.1.0. It's surprising that nobody has noticed it, it happens with some gl_fuzztype values other than 0. So i'll have to do a 3.87c release and that sucks.
I've also included a fix for the overriden ini problem, so check today's devbuild specially to see if you get a could not load config error, the bug only appeared from time to time tough. Also you could check loading of big mods.

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/lzdoom/

This is a bit embarrassing you know my financial situation is very bad and i want to take an online C++ programming course, that could help getting a job i think, there's a Black Friday special offer and i could purchase it for 15€ at Udemy these days. So if you want to help me (and LZDoom) you know i added a sponsors button to the repo and i could also accept help through paypal (i could pay the course with paypal too). Thanks.

Is there a step by step guide on how to compile this under Linux?

I am running Twister OS on the Pi 400 and would love to have this up and running!!!

I've released 3.87c to fix a few serious bugs (mainly the GL graphic glitches with the partial invisibility effect and weapon bob jittering) . I've included the widescreen graphics by Nash this time. And i've also replaced the included 32 bit OpenAL32.dll with a custom 1.20.1 build so to run LZDoom on Windows XP you'd need replace the dll with the older 1.19 version.

BTW i've finished the C++ course, i'm afraid i'll need some help to pay next month's internet connection tough.

Hey, Drfrag!

How you doing?

I really like your work in here, as its the only zdoom base port my pc can handle, aside from the old zdoom.

I was wondering, is there a way to have a widescreen but with low resolutions?

You know, like on the Doomnity port. It is 320x200 or 640x400, but with added optional wide screen.

That would be cool as it could have the benefits of being on low resolution but playing at wide screen.

There's the lowest possible scale mode or a custom low resolution scale. But scaling only works on GL 3.3 and above.

Don't know is it possible,but would be cool to have a option for sorting saves in alphabetical order like GZDoom,because it kinda annoying when it looks like this(moslty notable with DBP saves,I played them in order,but DBP2 is between DBP7 and DBP8 for no reason)
9vJDHfE.png

It is and i mentioned it long ago, set oldsaveorder to true. The default is reverse filename order (slot), then the most recent ones will usually be above.

I'm having trouble compiling this on Arch Linux. The compilation finishes without error. I can launch the program, and I can see the title screen and browse the options. However, when I start a game, the program freezes up. What could be causing this?

7 hours ago, Commodore Forever! said:

I'm having trouble compiling this on Arch Linux. The compilation finishes without error. I can launch the program, and I can see the title screen and browse the options. However, when I start a game, the program freezes up. What could be causing this?

Nevermind, I figured it out, There is a weird issue with my fluidsynth. I switched to timidity and it works fine :)

Why did you drop XP support?

And more importantly, why are you going to drop OGL 2? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of this port existing?

@drfrag

1 hour ago, EpicTyphlosion said:

And more importantly, why are you going to drop OGL 2? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of this port existing?

Do you think you could add a flag to prevent certain map things from doubly spawning? I've got a mod where the final boss doesn't spawn at all in UM because both spawns end up in the walls...

No. May be it's blocked by another thing since i made it on the fly instead of doing two iterations thru all things.

But you know you can clear the skills and even there's an option to hide it in the menu. That said where's the mod? May be the thing is big and i could prevent the double spawn in that case.

@OkDoomer174What's the radius of da thing?

Edit: never mind, i've changed it. Could be addressed or not but the feature is meant for the vanilla games.

Edited by drfrag

Sorry for never getting back to you, lol. It's Mother Brain in Metroid Doom, which, of course, sits in a doorway about its size to completely block it. How big is it? Don't remember (I'm not at my house rn), but I just checked the commit you made and I'm pretty sure that'll do. As of now, UM is cleared, but I'll have to bring support for it with Metroid Doom's next release.

By the way, I think this is such a cool feature; I'd love to see this get pushed upstream sometime! :)

Hi, I love this source port and I was testing it with friends. We played some total conversions via online and it worked awesome!

We loved the feature of spawn double the monsters, but we found a little bug. Sometimes if a monsters in a map it's in a very small space then the monster does not get duplicated (and it makes sense) but the problem is that sometimes the original monster gets removed, and that can lead to problems because sometimes that monster can be a boss or something and we couldn't finish some maps.

Aside from that I love this source port!

43 minutes ago, Doommarine_maxi said:

Hi, I love this source port and I was testing it with friends. We played some total conversions via online and it worked awesome!

We loved the feature of spawn double the monsters, but we found a little bug. Sometimes if a monsters in a map it's in a very small space then the monster does not get duplicated (and it makes sense) but the problem is that sometimes the original monster gets removed, and that can lead to problems because sometimes that monster can be a boss or something and we couldn't finish some maps.

Aside from that I love this source port!

On which WAD's does this occur?