Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMAD

StalungCraeft Texture Pack

Excellent work, these screenshots look great! I only map for Doom, but I've been itching for a new texture set to shake things up.

Brilliant stuff! I know for sure that I will need it. Hope, this pack will have a expansion in the future. Maybe something industrial, futuristic and nature.

2 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Maybe something industrial, futuristic and nature.

I'd definitely like more natural stuff in there, but it seems more difficult to resize things like grass textures without losing so much detail that they just look like a blur.  Brick textures, for example, are comparatively easy to resize, since they're generally larger shapes.  But individual blades of grass simply lose all definition if the original texture is high resolution.  I'll see what I can come up with, though.

Very surreal. Gonna be weird and interesting seeing these textures used. Had a similar idea long ago, when i wanted to use public domain resources for Doom. Super arthouse-y!

Those look really great! Gotta check them out more closely and hopefully use them in the future.

DONUT STEEL!!!!! >:(((

Cool textures btw,maybe i will use them for something ;o

Posted (edited)

Donut Steel sounds like a good name for a map, or a band.

EDIT: In a feeble attempt to be on-topic, these are nice looking textures. Good job!

Edited by Empyre

Wow! These are especially nice for Doom, with its slightly lower resolution at scale. Each image is very sharply defined (but not too sharp), making them perfect for Doom textures! Plenty of textures look ok in Doom, but these go a bit further. Excellent work!

Great textures, I really like the look of them.

My only issue is with the look of some of the doors. It looks like the original focus of this texture pack was for Heretic and Hexen, which I don't play or map for, so perhaps this issue is baseless in those games. But with regard to Doom, it strikes me that many of the doors will not look right simply rising or lowering and you will have to make them "swing" in order to look right. That's not so difficult, but it's a few extra steps and takes a little more room.

That being said, it's a minor issue, and overall, I like the textures quite a lot.

When I first looked at the textures I got a Blood vibe (which, IMO, is a very good thing). Excellent compilation; thanks for all your efforts.