Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MRB_Doom

Phobos invasion: Hell attacks

UAC Military base, Phobos.

28th of September, 2145.

Scientists have for several days now been recieving signals from the interdimensional gateways that had been found on Phobos, but haven't been able to conclude what these signals mean. The base is constructed for security reasons, no other comments were given by employed personnel. Sources say that the base has strong, and permanent support by the military.

Los Angeles, USA, Earth.

- These interdimensional gateways could as a matter of fact be gateways staight to hell, said private John Davies from Fort Delta, who had been contacted with several soldiers from the base, located at Phobos. Private Davies is against any attempts on sending back any sort of signal to the ones that the UAC has been recieving at Phobos, this several days.

Although, scientist Donald Baker from Parkerfield University, is saying in his statement, that any intelligence from another civilisation is very useful to possess, and is extremly doubtful that this intelligence would be harmful to us.

Stockholm, Sweden, Earth.

A young student, from the Christopher High School, shared some thoughts about the gateways that has been found on the moon Phobos.

- I'd like to make a statement for the public, about these interdimensional gateways that has been discovered on the moon Phobos. All we know, here on Earth, is that these gateways can transport any sort of object, and even living organisms, to God knows where. The base that has been constructed at the heart of the gateways, has been recieving signals from the gateways these several days. The scientists don't have a clue what these signals could possibly mean. It could be an unknown lifeform, trying to communicate with us, or it could even be a warning. If they don't know what could come out of the gateways, they should be prepared for anything! Thank you for your attention.

- Sir, we are recieving stronger signals from the gateways.

Turn up the volume on the headspeakers, Jack.

- Yes, sir.

It almost sounds as a growl, don't you think?

- I believe so, sir.

Coroporal, send your men in here, in case we encounter any hostile intelligence.

- Right away, sir.

- Sir, the signals are getting stronger each second, I must turn down the volume. I have also detected that one of the gateways is making some sort of contact with an unknown source. Something or someone might be teleporting itself right here.

Major, send in all your men in here, we might be facing a serious situation.

- Yes, sir!

- Sir, an unknown object/lifeform should be transporting into Gateway 1 in a matter of seconds. Here it comes.

What the hell is that!? Get those men in here, NOW, DAMNIT NOW!

- Open fire, open fire!

Cool, another fan fic :-)
This does build up some atmosphere, but it's the first time I've seen a fan fic like this (but that only makes it more interesting).
Nice work.

It's inspiring to see people coming up with new ways to tell an old story, and this one definitly sheds light on a unique perspective.

Excellent work :)

28th of September, 2002.

You may want to correct this - afaik, the UAC doesn't exist yet and we don't have a base on Mars yet.
My suggestion:
September 28, 2145.

MRB_Doom said:

Do you guys want me to continue on my version of the invasion?

By all means - if we wanted to prevent you from doing it, you'd see a bunch of "boo" replies (replies that disses the story completely).
Positive comments indicate a job well done - and if a story is well done, then a follow-up is ALWAYS welcome.

MRB_Doom said:

I just need to be in the right mood.

One should always write only when one is in the right mood, but a funny phenomenon that I've experienced is that sometimes it gets you into the right mood to look through what you've written of a story so far - suddenly ideas begin to pop up out of nowhere. But if I don't get in the mood after looking at the story, then I simply go back to what else I could do instead :-)

dsm said:

One should always write only when one is in the right mood, but a funny phenomenon that I've experienced is that sometimes it gets you into the right mood to look through what you've written of a story so far - suddenly ideas begin to pop up out of nowhere. But if I don't get in the mood after looking at the story, then I simply go back to what else I could do instead :-)

I think I've got a suitable imagination, but when I look on my first part of the story, I quickly think of a second part, and what will happen in it. That's probably normal behavior when a writer types this sort of story, but I hope you get my point :-)