Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 40 - Pumpkin Spiced Edition!

Pretty slick theme this one! I liked it!

ztHAAhE.png

spaghetti.zip

Title: The classic flying spaghetti monster map

Build Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes

Theme: flesh textures only

Music: Doom 2 MAP28 music

Description: You entered inside the flying spaghetti monster! What adventures awaiting you? A level that uses only stock flesh textures only and a maximum of 20 monsters. Now, for the love of everything, make me sleep. Goodnight!

And don't forget to archive your mapping sessions on YouTube, if you did stream them... *cough*

@Obsidian

Can you post the link to the Discord server again? I'm planning on joining for the second session, but the link you posted says the invite expired.

I'm gonna be hosting the second session in 3 hours as of this post. A secondary theme has been picked and will be revealed then.

YOUR THEME IS:

Flesh textures only - custom textures are permitted, as long as they too fit with the flesh/gore theme.

If in doubt regarding the stock textures, refer to the "Flesh" category in Doom Builder.

AND/OR:

Zombie apocalypse. Heavy focus on using zombiemen, shotgunners and chaingunners! Maybe don't just spam them - try and make effective use of them. Other monsters are still permitted, just use the former humans a quote-unquote "heapshitfuckton".

GET PLANNING! Gather resources, pick out a name/MIDI, draw your layout on paper, etc.

Again, there's no mandatory texture pack this time round.

Planning time is over! GET MAPPING! You have 2 hours, followed by 15 mins to playtest and bugfix.

Name: Deadwood

Build Time: 2 hours 25 minutes, oops!

Themes: Zombie apocalypse

Music: "BLECHR" from Hexen: Beyond Heretic, composed by Kevin Schilder

Textures Used: Sky by Chaingunner! Blood flat by Xaser. Some brick textures by Cage. Lots of Memento Mori II textures. Some edits/recolors by me. Definitely some NiGHTMARE edits too.

ASS

Here we are, the streaming beta! Apologies for the late compilation: I was out of town for a good chunk of the week and then came down with something nasty.

What I will not apologize for are some of the executive decisions I had to make when compiling this. A decent few maps didn't stick to the theme revealed during the first session: Joe-Ilya's map had to be altered a little, TheMionicDonut's map had to be altered a lot and I had to cut Pinchy's map entirely. All of this was due to varying levels of disregarding the theme used and this time I decided to put my foot down. This sort of thing really isn't something I want to do, but the themes are there for a reason: otherwise you might as well be mapping in your own time. :/

Somebody has not heard of Blood in the Dance Floor, it would seem.

Behold, the polished beta! Maps have been sorted, bugs have (hopefully) been fixed and I reinstated Pinchy's map after some texture alterations. Apologies for the delays again, it's been a taxing past few weeks.

Edited by Obsidian