Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

If the deadline is pushed back to december 10th I may be able to implement difficulty settings and add couple of optional paths.

I'm going to have to urge a December 10th release. C'mon, it's Doom's 25th birthday!

Also...teaser of my third map.

map29.jpg

Edited by GoatLord

Steven are you updating the finished maps? I'll have another release on the weekend that address some things mentioned in the feedback given since last release.

Is someone gonna help me with that pesky switch? So I can get it over and done with and fixed????

On 11/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, GoatLord said:

Also...teaser of my third map.

You're getting good with the lighting. That torch looks like it is properly illuminating the right areas.

Unfortunately I'm going to step out of this project due to personal stuff that is happening right now and I'm not going to be able to finish before the deadline.

I've always seen people complain about the usage of fog in older games, but when used properly it can create a nice ambient atmosphere.

13 hours ago, Avoozl said:

I've always seen people complain about the usage of fog in older games, but when used properly it can create a nice ambient atmosphere.

I think people complain because it was generally just thrown in there to make the game run better, without giving it much thought. Silent Hill is one of the exceptions to that, and it works wonderfully.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:39 AM, SteelPH said:
  Hide contents

5DMDnYN.png

3s6k7ne.png

6n5v56E.png

eUWjD1m.png

21qYVwy.png

A little barebones at the moment, but hey, progress is progress.

Are you using 3D floors or just clever use of skymaps?  Nice screenshots

16 hours ago, STILES said:

Are you using 3D floors or just clever use of skymaps?  Nice screenshots

3D Floors don't exist in Doom 64.

On a side note, perhaps two months is a bit too short a deadline to make 32 maps.

with the amount of people dropping out as well, i say by January 2019 if we don't got at least 50% of the chest done i too will probably give up on the project.

1 hour ago, Thedoctor989 said:

with the amount of people dropping out as well, i say by January 2019 if we don't got at least 50% of the chest done i too will probably give up on the project.

Or wait until it's at least 50% complete before setting a deadline.

1 hour ago, SteelPH said:

3D Floors don't exist in Doom 64.

On a side note, perhaps two months is a bit too short a deadline to make 32 maps.

I was thinking that was the case but at the same time I swear I saw someone on here mention you could somehow...

MAP11 of the official game uses them, and you can even walk on top of and under them, though I don't know if they count as true 3D Floors.

3 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

MAP11 of the official game uses them, and you can even walk on top of and under them, though I don't know if they count as true 3D Floors.

They're not.  What's happening is depending on where you are, the floors/ceilings move instantaneously so that it *seems* 3d.  I use that trick a bunch, and outlined how to do it on... one of these pages.

Could you go into detail? I was searching for that post but haven't found it. I'd love to have those transparent gated textures with the sky below, it's a great visual.

As for the project...I'll add more slots if no one else is willing to take them. New content for Doom 64 has been a looooooong standing dream of mine and I'll be damned if this doesn't get complete.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

Could you go into detail? I was searching for that post but haven't found it. I'd love to have those transparent gated textures with the sky below, it's a great visual.

As for the project...I'll add more slots if no one else is willing to take them. New content for Doom 64 has been a looooooong standing dream of mine and I'll be damned if this doesn't get complete.

Just increase the deadline to january 1st. I would rather wait an extra month for a proper community chest than to see this rushed.

The consensus seems to be that the deadline should be extended. Seems like every damn person intends to pull out otherwise and as a wise hedgehog once said, That’s No Good. We desperately need a decent D64 CP. I’d advise anyone serious about this project to keep working on what you’ve got - this whole venture was a waste of time otherwise and that just seems unacceptable even as an outsider looking in.