Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

Sorry for 3 posts in one, but...

@GoatLord I'd also like to add that I have been downloading the maps myself as they come. I have a dedicated folder for each, so I have been keeping track of them, just not in a public manner, which would be better, and I am updating the submission list now.

10 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

I am willing to do that, @tempdecal.wad.

@GoatLord, what would you recommend I do? This is my first time and I don't really know what I should do (except of course add the maps as they are turned in).

Post more frequently, update this thread's map list, post on your other thread. Keep the project going.

Yeah I agree with Goat, you should be advertising to get the rest of the map slots filled so we can compile this and release for testing.

Ok everyone, I've just updated my map for probably the final time (Unless someone finds something that is completely not right). If anyone that got crashlogs from when they were play testing and find out why the map crashes in the 2nd to last area.

I suppose that is a fair statement. However, I am unsure what I should do to 'advertise' the megawad. This thread is rather popular already, I'm sure most who are regularly active are aware of it. Should I go on other websites?

Not really, Doomworld is really the main hub of the community.  You can try the Doom 64 EX forums but people rarely post on there.

1 minute ago, Impboy4 said:

Not really, Doomworld is really the main hub of the community.  You can try the Doom 64 EX forums but people rarely post on there.

Confirmed.

This is much more active.

We almost have enough maps for a megawad. I think we can make it to the full 32, and now that the deadline is not set, I might contribute another map. But I more feedback on the three I've done so I can upload their final versions.

I think that you should just upload the final versions. I believe most people are preoccupied with finishing their own maps at this time.

Why ModDB? It isn't a mod (just a level pack).

I understand some doom-related content goes on ModDB, but those are primarily GZDoom ACS/Zscript mods, not just level packs. Those are primarily designated to idgames.

Any changes made by non-creators of the videogame are "mods". Just look at the system of replacing maps. You're not making the new map clusters inside the Doom 64. You're just replacing level parameters inside the existed levels. So, this is the modification of the original game.

Anyway, Moddb is the very good place to post such project releases. Especially for Doom 64, just because there are no "Doom 64 section" on the Doomworld idgames base.

Just keep in mind, a 27 map wad with 0 stinkers is always preferred to a 30 map wad with 3 stinkers. If you end up with less than a full 30 map megawad there’s no problem with that, at least not as far as I can see.

I am not making a modDB post for this.

There are far too many hoops to jump through. I am sorry to those who were hoping to see it happen.

Edit: To clarify, Doom 64 does not have a modDB entry for a game, for one, so I literally cannot set it up properly. In addition, I cannot register Doom 64 as a game, due to a lack of high resolution images, amongst other things.

Btw you don't have to setup a whole new game page, just do it on the Doom 2 page, lots of other projects do it too and they are usually either entirely new games running on GZDoom or other kinds of Doom engines, there's no harm in it heh, not to mention setting up a new game page would be pointless since most visitors may not even be aware that a Doom 64 page exists.

Hey guys, I've wanted to merge the Doom 64 soundfont with the recently released PSX Doom soundfont from the GEC, however the midis play the wrong patches (they play sound effects instead of music). Since the PSX Doom midis play in EX I wanted to add them for your project to give more music choices, but with the current soundfont merge problem I'm at a roadblock.