Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

EXile would work really well if this followed directly from 64's ending, even if there's literally nothing more to the plot than "but then more demon". Which sounds like the ideal way to handle that too.

Awesome title screen but the subtitle is a little silly IMO.

Why not just Doom64 EX Community Project?

Let's not make a 'cool edgy' name for something which may very well end up being all over the map in terms of style, theme, quality, etc. It's a collection of maps with no cohesive theme, is it not?

I think the overall goal of the project should be to bring awareness to Doom64 EX as a sourceport and its capabilities, and there's nothing better than a community project to whip up enthusiasm for the subject.

but how many community project are there exactly?

also i kinda like the idea that there's a name for what were going to make and (possibly spark a new generation to build upon what already is made)

Doom 64 Excuse me, but do you have a minute to talk about the dark lord: A Community Project (Collectors Edition - Remastered)

I think Doom 64 EX Community Project 2018-19 or chest or something like that would be a good enough name tbh, simple and describes what the project really is.

Had some time to work on this today

sshot001.png

sshot002.png

sshot003.png

(no that's not a platforming section :P)

sshot000.png

1 hour ago, iori said:

Awesome title screen but the subtitle is a little silly IMO.

Why not just Doom64 EX Community Project?

Let's not make a 'cool edgy' name for something which may very well end up being all over the map in terms of style, theme, quality, etc. It's a collection of maps with no cohesive theme, is it not?

I think the overall goal of the project should be to bring awareness to Doom64 EX as a sourceport and its capabilities, and there's nothing better than a community project to whip up enthusiasm for the subject.

"Edgy"? The name suggestions were in the dark style of the original game. And they're much more catchy.

Clearly it should be called Community Chest 64 EX.

In all seriousness, I'm glad to see Doom 64 EX getting some mapping love. Really looking forward to this!

Wad Gen is absolutely refusing to create a WAD out of the Doom 64 ROM. I don't know how I'm supposed to work on this project if the generator doesn't work.

Yes, I've downloaded two roms of the game, both .z64 files, and both times the WAD generator refuses to turn them into proper files. I don't know how to tell whether I have a bad ROM but Google has not made it easy to find them.

What does WadGen say when you try to generate the wad using it? and have you already tried running it as an admin?

Yes I believe you need to give it admin permission if you want to have it under Program Files (or was it C:/ ?).

Windows 10, most programs that seem do this are usually because they need admin permission to modify or create files.

2 hours ago, StevenC21 said:

Hrmph.

Linux master race.

Linux has the exact same thing. You can't stick programs in arbitrary locations and expect write access for any user. There's entire permission systems explicitly designed around this.

In Windows, this is the Program Files folder locations and system folders, where only the core administrator is supposed to modify files.

Here is my entry.

I tried to keep the style and atmosphere close to that of the original map13.  The level can be completed pretty quickly, but if you catch all the secret stuff your life will be a lot easier in the end.

Screenshots!

image.png.9e57ba54136db90039d679247e1c964a.png

image.png.c12cce76a5b601961f5c3b56a93caed1.png

1 hour ago, Antnee said:

Here is my entry.

Whoah, nice job! You sure manage to keep the spirit of the originals. Makes me feel weird for making my maps so bright. I think it's our brightness setting, but yours looks way more bright in your screenshots than it did in my game. I think that was the darkest map I've ever played.

Edited by Kore

After I re-opened my map, all spaces that could potentially have a middle texture are covered with a "I suck at making maps" texture which were not previously there. Doesn't affect gameplay, but in the editor everything looks screwed up.

You can filter linedefs by texture, so it should be pretty simple to fix that up.