Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenC21

Community Chest 64

As previously mentioned, I am doing a MAP01. Currently the name is "Staging Hangar" but it's subject to change. It is roughly about 15% done at the moment.

I may or may not make another, I'll see how this first one turns out.

EDIT: Also I was probably going to put in a secret exit to MAP32 in this one to stick to the original spots, even though we don't need to. I have an idea for how to trigger it too.

2 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

This should have been posted in Wads & Mods since it is a Doom wad project.

Agreed. I think @Linguica or another admin can move it though.

I'll take at least 3 slots, without any particular order.

EDIT:

By the way, I don't think it's a good idea to be deciding on the final slot order just yet.

Edited by Kore

I'll take a slot.

edit: Does anybody know of a reference/tutorial for making cameras & cutscenes? Also for the new linedef flags. The D64EX wiki doesn't have much info.

Edited by whirledtsar

1 hour ago, StevenC21 said:

MAP32: Go 64 It -

You realize this has to be themed around and possibly within a gigantic DOOM logo, right? (with some variation of the title music--maybe have some crazy mix of that and Club Doom made just for it, if possible..)

Sounds good.

"Go 64 It"... I see what you did there! :D

But I am surprised to see Nevander being involved. Is the Retribution episode on hold?

EDIT: I didn't notice until just now that I have slot 7. Nice. I'm also composing my own track for it. I'm willing to compose a few more but I don't have time to do all of them. What I can probably do is post a handful of tracks and you can stick them wherever you like.

Edited by GoatLord

1 hour ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

But I am surprised to see Nevander being involved. Is the Retribution episode on hold?

It's still on the backburner, but it is still coming. Even if it takes forever it will come. I need to be in the right state of mind to really make progress.

1 hour ago, StevenC21 said:

The Retribution episode is not happening.

What? Of course it is. I think you are confused. I have been designing and planning my own expansion to Doom 64 for a while now specifically for my own Retribution TC.

This is different from the "Retribution episode" referenced as being the Retribution version of this community project. Not the same thing.

2 hours ago, DMPhobos said:

Is there a deadline for submitting maps? im interested

+1. I'd like to contribute, but I want to make an unusual map, and it will take some...patience for me. It would be reference for at least 2 horror-like videogames.

But only if we have "plenty" of time, I have a lot of alternate projects, and I can't take this one right now.

If each person is only making 1 map then I think a deadline of about 1 month would be reasonable. So, nov 5th then?

EDIT: OP, you should link to the Doom 64 EX level editor (Doom 64 EX uses it's own separate version of Doom builder) and the documentation on macro scripting. As well as instructions on how to install Doom 64 EX in the first place. Individual users are responsible for "finding" the ROMS needed to play.

i'll make a map, i particularly like to make Large Arena styled maps, i'll take a slot perticulally a hell level.

(also is it okay if i make the hell level like downright disturbing?)

6 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

If each person is only making 1 map then I think a deadline of about 1 month would be reasonable. So, nov 5th then?

EDIT: OP, you should link to the Doom 64 EX level editor (Doom 64 EX uses it's own separate version of Doom builder) and the documentation on macro scripting. As well as instructions on how to install Doom 64 EX in the first place. Individual users are responsible for "finding" the ROMS needed to play.

Seconding this. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to go about this.

8 hours ago, Thedoctor989 said:

(also is it okay if i make the hell level like downright disturbing?)

I don't see why not. We are limited to the stuff in Doom 64 for the most part so it can't be more disturbing than things any of us have already seen unless you are going to draw an obscene image with map geometry (please don't).

MAP10 for me please :D

This is the perfect opportunity for me to get back at making d64ex maps again.

15 hours ago, hardcore_gamer said:

I don't have so much time due to real life, so 1 month is kinda very little time. But if everyone else ok with this deadline, I'll just watch instead of mapping.

I have added all the Cage textures into a resource WAD and have started a MAPINFO file that renames the levels and adds some new sky options to use. I will upload it soon so that everyone can use the same names for the new textures (they are the names from Retribution to be exact). I guess either me or @StevenC21 can manage the resource WAD along the way leading up to final compilation. I'm good with SLADE so I would like to do it if that is ok.