Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyb3rc001

Strange bugs when modifying sprites and sounds in Vanilla DOOM2.WAD via SLADE

So, I am replacing vanilla DOOM2 sounds and sprites with my own ones, using SLADE editor. But as soon as I soon as I replaced somewhat many sprites, I encountered an error while running this game in vanilla DOOM2 launched via DOSBOX, as soon as I start moving on the entryway map:

R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 89 : 0

In Zandronum source port, the latest texture I replaced (CSAWA0, chaingun pickup sprite) remains the vanilla one, regardless of having the same size and offset.

The wad I've made is attached to this post.

Would appreciate any help.

Nice one, just go ahead and illegally distribute the vast majority of DOOM2.WAD. Delete this, now.

You need to make a PWAD, not edit your IWAD. That is, to add your new resources in an empty wad of their own, and load it on top of DOOM2.WAD.

You do realize that redistributing content from the IWAD's is illegal, right? They are still commercially available, and your wad is essentially doom2.wad, with a couple minor edits.

Delete all the IWAD content first, then run the wad with doom2.wad and in the command line, write "-merge <your wad>".

I have deleted the attachment because it was a lightly edited IWAD. In general it is considered a bad idea to redistribute all the original assets along with your new stuff, for storage space as well as copyright reasons.