Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

150 Doomguy Skins (New Download!)

It doesn't, that actually looks like a good edit though, will definitely add that among the silly/not-so-serious ones

Hideous Destructor has sprites for the marine holding his rifle at shoulder height instead of hip firing, and I created extra rotations for personal use. It's a hodgepodge of resources, all the credits are in the file.

Rifled.zip

I considered adding Zandro guy, but I ended up deciding to avoid things that show preference for one port or another, meaning nothing Zan/zd/oda specific.

I have a hunch there’s more out there that I’m simply missing in my searches. I’ve seen some cool WIPs in the sprinting threads for example, but almost never a link to a finished product (from what I come across, anyway).

I have something I made called Shadow Doom Marine, although a fixed version appears on the compilation valkskins2 since the face looks a little funky in the idgames upload. I also have the Contra 3 skins I made and a default color version I did sometime ago which is also found in the above link, but a direct link can be found here. Feel free to include them without the HUD faces by the way - I just included them to make them feel a little more complete.

Here's Undead Marine an unused monster I made to replace Wolfenstein soldier for Eternal Doom. It's just the player sprites touched up to look a bit... dead. Think I just took zombie soldier's face and stuffed it into the helmet + colored the default green more to black. Should qualify? :]

ED_unused_BlackMarine.zip

Edited by Soundblock

I sure have been posting sprites a lot lately. Weird. KKSkins has a bunch of skins that are roughly doomguy sized, but it also has a bunch of skins that aren't..so I whipped up a version that cuts out all of the non-human proportioned skins and uploaded here as KKSkinsV17_Lite.

First I'm going to faff on about two skins that I made because I spent an embarrassing amount of time on them (IE more than 5 mins):

Squiggly guy from Autumn Flock. Note that his sprites are slightly larger in the file, but the SKININFO lump scales them to 80% of their size (which puts him at doomguy's height).

swQ5mcz.png

"SHAMAN" from Shaman's device. This is an older skin but I still kinda like it for some reason despite its simplicity. Not sure if it'd pass since the cloak makes it a little fatter than the doomguy sprite. Also the original walking animation was just it flickering like a hologram similar to the texture in the map, but since that'd probably be like cheating in MP, I made the skin always solid in the skinpack linked above. Oh and its green so the color can be changed:

67AxNcg.png

But the skinpack has a bunch of other ridiculous skins too! They're all sampled from various wads me and the KK crew played through at some point in a survival session. Here are just a few of them:

xdla4vg.png

If you happen to like any of them, feel free to pick and choose :P

Looking in my downloads folder, I see 60 skins, 40 skins, and 125 skins, so you will want to avoid those specific numbers, or at least those specific names.

Alrighty, so far I have 96 Doomguy variants here! Just 4 more will get us to a clean 100, I think that would be perfect. Will post a full list of the present skins once home.

If a few chaingunner variants are allowed, then I have this helmeted chaingunner I made once by adding the head of Vader's "terminator" monster to the Chaingunner. I could convert these to the proper player colors when I have some free time. And as far as sounds go, I think Quake 1's Enforcer voices would be pretty fitting for him.

Back in the early 2000's I remember seeing a doomguy skin for doom legacy that made him look like a box of shells.  Do you have that one?

On 10/9/2018 at 8:13 PM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

If a few chaingunner variants are allowed, then I have this helmeted chaingunner I made once by adding the head of Vader's "terminator" monster to the Chaingunner. I could convert these to the proper player colors when I have some free time.

That would be greatly appreciated, this skin looks fantastic.

On 10/10/2018 at 4:27 AM, Melodica said:

Here's some alternate marine sprites I made using the ZSpecOps helmet, and here's a little preview of the sprites. I also have some player colored (no discolored skin and player color armor) versions of these guys if you'd like, as well!

I like all of these, if you have links to the last 2 as well I'd certainly add them in.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:42 PM, Captain Ventris said:

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48675&hilit=Ventris

Got one set of subtle Doomgal sprites in the Doom Style section of my resource thread here.

I really appreciate seeing a proper female marine skin with no bullshit after all this time, but I've refrained from adding about 5 female skins into this pack as I won't be using any custom sounds. I've considered a single generic set of female sounds into the wad to use for all female skins, but I'm not sure yet (open to feedback on it though of course)

On 10/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, jerk-o said:

Back in the early 2000's I remember seeing a doomguy skin for doom legacy that made him look like a box of shells.  Do you have that one?

There's a whole wad full of trolly skins like this - one even makes you a sliding doomguy corpse. I'll wrangle them up and post them here soon!

A default set of female sounds seems like a good idea to me. Puts things on an even field for all the make skins, after all.

Thanks for doing this - this is going to be a great resource!

On 10/14/2018 at 5:25 AM, Doomkid said:

I like all of these, if you have links to the last 2 as well I'd certainly add them in.

I really appreciate seeing a proper female marine skin with no bullshit after all this time, but I've refrained from adding about 5 female skins into this pack as I won't be using any custom sounds. I've considered a single generic set of female sounds into the wad to use for all female skins, but I'm not sure yet (open to feedback on it though of course)

Either the single set, or maybe copy the single set of sounds for each female skin. Just to keep things tidy and separate: a full set of lumps for each skin. They could be thought of as placeholders, until something better comes along.

Will you be up to doing a Version 2 sometime in the future? I've got tons and tons of resources, but they're currently scattered in a sea of folders and zips :( Anyway, I'll let you know if I get things under control.

I’m always open to creating expanded versions in future! So far I’ve got 97 in the pack, if I add @HorrorMovieGuy and @Melodica‘s skins we’ll be sitting at about 100, then there’s Captain Ventris’ female skin in addition to 4 or 5 other decent female skins I’m aware of. If I can get this to a clean 110 I’d be very satisfied for the time being.

Hey fellas, by next weekend I intend to have a final build of this out the door. I'm in the process of converting HorrorMovieGuy's sheet into sprite form and scrounging around for a few more female marines. If you have something to submit, now's the time!

Alrighty, time for a new update, up to 107 and added a whole lot of custom HUD faces as well. More to come!

Edited by Doomkid

Just added Melodica's skin and HorrorMovieGuy's skin (and recolored it to green as well). Once I find the duck skin for TNS, I'll be at a clean 110 and ready to release this! I also want to do some hud face touch-ups, but this thing is just about done.

I think you'd like these. If you want I'll make all the sprites of it and send a message to you with them all and then send one with them all in a spritesheet.

2.gif

6.gif

7.gif

8.gif

customzombiemanfront.gif