Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

150 Doomguy Skins (New Download!)

That does look good, but just beware, we're using the default Doom pallet for these skins so the sleek looking purple hair may end up going grey when converted to Doom format

12 hours ago, Doomkid said:

That does look good, but just beware, we're using the default Doom pallet for these skins so the sleek looking purple hair may end up going grey when converted to Doom format

Why not just test it and let me see what comes out?

Hey, would you like me to send you my custom mugshot I made of "myself"?  Basically the one in my profile picture.  I just made the hair black and added glasses to each frame.  I have it in Doom format and PNG as well.  It could be used for scientist or something I guess, I'm actually planning to use it as the mugshot in my Bloodloss project as well.  There are a few errors, the sideburns and hairline change by a pixel or two on occasion, but I basically just threw it together in a couple of hours to use on streams.  Let me know and I'll zip them up and throw you the link next time I have a chance.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, Vanessa said:

Why not just test it and let me see what comes out?

You can put the graphics into SLADE 3, convert to Doom palette and see for yourself without actually needing to load it into the game.

I didn't end up adding any new mugshots, mainly because I couldn't find any skins that suited them, but I'm still glad to have them here - there are actually less custom mugshots than I remembered, I hope to see more being made.

This is released by the way! Full list of credits is now present and the OP has been edited accordingly.

Hopefully people will get use out of this!

Edited by Doomkid

On 10/7/2018 at 6:40 AM, Doomkid said:

UndeadChaingunner2 by TheMightyHeracross

This is wrong. These sprites are clearly an edit of David G (aka It'sNatureToDie)'s minigunner sprites. I did write DECORATE code for the Minigunner Zombie from Realm667, however I clearly credited It'sNatureToDie for the sprite edit. Presumably, the author of whatever wad you took these sprites from used the Realm667 Minigun Zombie, but obviously paid no attention to the credits besides the submitter and assumed I made everything instead of merely the code. I also have no idea who made the specific edit featured in your wad. Where did you get these?

LordBlaz by ???

Lord Blazkowicz is from the mod GMOTA by Combine_Kegan from the ZDoom forums. Ask him who made the sprites (I believe it may be Sgt. Shivers, but ask him to be sure). Be warned, however, that he is a very specific character, with these sprites almost certainly being made very specifically for this mod, and I have reason to believe that Combine_Kegan and co. may not be so happy about his sprites being used as a resource-especially without their knowledge, consent, and proper credit- although the final verdict's entirely up to him.

UndeadMarine5 by ???

These sprites are from the Monster Resource Wad, credited to Bouncy (aka BouncyTEM)

Commando by ???

These sprites are the Renegade class sprites created by SoloSpaghetti specifically for Yholl's Doom: the Rougelike Arsenal mod. Yholl has made it very clear in the credits file that sprites made specifically for DoomRL Arsenal, such as the ones in your mod, are NOT for free use(!), especially without proper credit, so I suggest that you contact him ASAP. I suspect that he will take issue with the fact that you intend for this to double as a resource wad- but again, the final verdict is his alone.

Cyborg3 by ???

As I mentioned in the Zandronum thread, these sprites were made by Zandronum user Tomicapo under the name "Dark Corps" or "Black Corps" and submitted to the Zandroskins pack. 

Chubbs by ???

Elite3 by ???

Commando2 by ???

Mobster by ???

I don't know the exact original authors for these ones but I do know that "Chubbs" and "Elite3" are from Skulltag ("Big Fat Doomguy" and "Base III" respectively) and "Commando2" and "Mobster" are from RBCSkins ("Volt-Soldier" and "Club Guy" respectively) so it may be a good idea to at least credit those skin packs.

Terrorist by ???

This skin was made by Aenima for the Zandroskins pack. It is in turn a combination of the body of the Camo marine by Maedhros and the head of the Terrorist from the Covert Ops TC. The Covert Ops TC credits three sprite authors (Sidearm Joe, Ziggy Gnarly, Stephen Browning aka Scuba Steve), without actually saying who did what. Since Scuba Steve is the only one still active in that list he'll probably know who made the terrorist sprites, but since the credits file allows for reuse of the resources, and that wad is so old anyway, so you can probably get away with just crediting "Aenima, Maedhros and Black Shadow Software."

Edited by TheMightyHeracross

Thanks for all the info, I’ll be getting the credits amended and possibly removing a couple of these. I edited the OP, but these were cobbled together from all over - mostly from various skin packs people had on servers and such. Trying to find all the credits in reverse has honestly been a total pain but I of course want this to be released without issue.

Hey everyone, just wanted to bump this as I've done an update over the last few weeks: There are now a handful more skins and some polish was added to what was there. The female marine sounds have also been improved, everything just blends much better than it did before.

Enjoy the update and check the OP for specific details!

https://doomshack.org/wads/150skins.zip

by Skulltag Team

That's a bit generic.
As a credited official Skulltag former team member in the art department (responsible for quite some of Skulltag art), I think we can investigate a bit to find out some more specific credits.

Especially as I still have all skulltag folders untouched on my local comp.

After all that time - things need further investigation.

What I know - I've made the blue SS chaingunner skin (CPOS) for Skulltag, as it's was my entrance test/task by Carnevil.

Can't be 100% sure - but have heavy suspicion I'm behind a few other PLY/SENA skins (as their local naming on my comp is "my" specific suffix (x1) that I use on my new edits), also CZOM.

For all those I still have the exact zips sent to Skulltag team at the time (and some ftp log files from 2006).
While some are full skins (like twin chaingun Doomguy) - a few of those I might have only edited/improved, I also know for a fact I did death frames for some other skins - ULTY, HOGR. As I can see - also gib frames for GPOS.

skulltag.png?raw=1

Edited by D00mJedi

I’ve spent hours upon hours scouring the web for proper credits for the small handful of unknown skins, so thanks for clarifying this. I know the blue SS chaingunner was used as a base for one of the skins here, and Seenas or Synas (can’t remember which, it’s one of Enjay’s variant heads attached to the body of Base II) is also in this pack.

If you wouldn’t mind, could you send me those zips? That way I can work out exactly what credits need to be updated. Thanks!

I’ve spent hours upon hours scouring the web for proper credits

I'm sure you did, impressive effort :)

It's just that despite me being in Skulltag credits (and being Skulltag team member/spriter with forum dev. access at the time), not many know what exactly my contributions were (many don't even know that I'm behind the "Double Resolution pack" for Skulltag).
Especially as I spent many years after mainly in Wolf3D modding communities and almost left Doom modding scene for a while.

I wasn't on the project from its beginning and so quite some skins and art already existed when I arrived to the team (so I in no way claim to make ALL the Skulltag-specific art), and I want to be very careful about such stuff, after all - it was 14 years ago. So everything I'll say - are as far as my honest memory allows me (the rest you can check/investigate further/into more detail with the files/ftp logs I'll upload/send to you in a PM, I'm referring to the folders naming in the pack I"ll send you, as already noted my usual editing suffix is x1 or x{number} or x{number}x{number}).
( I refer in this context only to skins, not other art I did for Skulltag - flag, icons, scenery, medals....)

cpos - I did myself.
ply2 - almost 100% sure I did it myself
ply3 - Not sure if I made those myself or just improved the brown shoulder pads over existing skin - by Carnevil request. I mean as far as I remember Carnevil wasn't pleased with brown shoulder pads on original skin, but can't remember if I worked on clear base or improved existing older skin.
skel2 - almost 100% sure it's my skin. AFAIR Carnevil wanted a doomguy with BJ-based face.
ulty - just death frames
sena - not sure what went there, there is clear ftp log of me sending the zip file to skulltag team, can't remember the exact tasks given to me regarding that one - just improvement or making from zero.
new - has some name indication of me doing it, but maybe just mixing existing elements?
hogr - just death frames
gpos - just death frames, as zip file also indicates.
czom - most probably not, probably is just a base I used to make "copy of czom" (folder) skin adding second chaingun to czom.
crsh - just concept art sent to the team.
copy of czom - as said - my skin - I was the one to add second chaingun to original skin.
chub - not mine.

Thanks so much for your help, D00mJedi! I've updated the OP, zip and wad accordingly to make sure credit is accurate.

Hopefully more people come forward and we can fill in more blanks. Anyone reading this, be sure to download the latest version as that's the one I'll be hosting on servers.

Has anyone ever made a player skins of the DemonTech Trooper/Cultist from Project Brutality? I'd like to use it for Hideous Destructor and other mods on the occasion I play multiplayer. I found this pic on Google. I'd thought about also making a player skins of the Nemesis Stealth Trooper from Complex Doom/CF and ripped the sprites from the mof, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

dcsdodn-6434aea3-5ea3-4e08-bbb4-60f30cff8ae4.png