Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MortisCausaDonatio

Aquatika (a map for Gzdoom)

I finally decided to show the project i worked on during the summer.

Even the demons of hell need some relaxing but can they really enjoy it?

Of course not because the our hero is on the way to paint all the thermal water red!!

You have to get through the damned ancient spa and it's outside area, finding keys and get rid of those nasty hell creauter

You have to find all the skull keys (two of them being possesd by higher ranked monstras who locked themselves so you have to find different ways to get rid of them)

the wad itself is close to finish (i don't want to upload it to the archives yet) but the map is mostly playable (i hope I didn't miss any damn action line facing the wrong direction). I have university so i have lack of time for dealing with it but try to finalise it soon.

DL: under fixing
Screenshots (the last two panorama is made from an unreachale spot in case of showing the scenery)

EDIT due to finding some errors  bugs that prevent the player'progressing the link will be down until fixing those 

EDIT 2 : i tried to fix most of the problems but there's usually smaller problems I tend to miss. Any future feedbacks apreciated

EDIT 3 : somehow managed to make some lines block the player during the editing . Will be fixed in days

Spoiler

927311223_2018-10-03(7).png.b13e85045859a8e08e705b3bd51cb842.png1735526351_2018-10-07(1).png.aa5bccc7f16c9d3e4b3c899c1d298ab3.png14352987_2018-10-07(2).png.5f1d8a850569610d4a0ab15cd1787a7c.png1545972074_2018-10-07(5).png.adca94459a45a6f4487a2a9df88e9661.png2018-10-07.png.bebc7cb93d92d5c6bf9d5257d0c11a21.png1464763099_2018-10-07(4).png.09a3a5c686032c3f514f81277b5a391e.png732598197_2018-10-07(3).png.cce58ac6f95658181ddf563a34e1585d.png

Credits

Spoiler

Graphic used
Palmtrees, Bubbles and Lavacauldron By CaptainToeNail
phobos rocks by kdizd Team
Textures: CC4tex.wad, 
          Baker's legacy texture wad and a few texture from AncienAliens.wad

Music used
Title theme: Intermission by Kevin Schilder (Heretic)
level music: Astral Dreaghnout by James Paddoc (Plutonia 2) 
             UpperNorfair theme by     Kenji Yamamoto (Super Metroid)

Edited by HUNdebLeonidasX : remove link

Annnd have you fixed that things and just forgot to post link back, or...?

Cause I've heard a mention of your wad but the source thread doesn't provide links...

Look's interesting! I'll check it out when i have time. I'm just downloading a few maps and making myself a list of ones to play before i head to sleep (man my hours are ALL screwed up considering it's currently 7 A.M. when i'm typing this haha).

Hey i played your map and found mistakes within the map and they are:

First image: This window is not actually a window and you can fall from it in a unscapable pit

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_220618.png.1394d9c3620f1e36553de4488e1321c5.png

second image: IF you walk towards Screenshot_Doom_20190223_221023.png.825263e609ead5e834bed4f55f4529e3.pngthe door when it's open it instacloses. Even if it closed it wil turbo close again (showing the door going down animation)

Third image: You have forgot to add texture in the Mancubus rock Jacooze area. Is that supposed to bee a trap why is the celling so close to the ground ?

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_221252.png.595e68c23980b0a27d1d653cb66936f1.png

Fourth image: Nothing gameplay breaking just a Texture missalingment ( idk how to spell it)

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_222714.png.0737410c401c1c2dc61570121d911255.png

Fifth image : There is a part where you must drop out in area . Sadky there is one square when you can get stuck (there area when you are walking on the rocky mountain road idk how to describ it)

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_223417.png.f57b8fe80cff820f6df66dd81610333e.png

Sixth image: When you press the switch it repeats power aquried , and it shouldn't repeat it ( it happend on multiple switches)

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_223836.png.372bc1236441ec30f38e51f3e51e87a2.png

Seventh image: Texture missalinged and not lower unpegged

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_224622.png.aa35cefbdfae3916788fc341b4a4ca6c.png

About the map - This was amazingly fun map to play ! Your imagination goes wild on this map and i love it , The wad looks great and some areas are very cool looking. Enemy encounters are fun and presented well . Secrets are there and this is a very good thing to have in your map/wads . The map is full  of little details i love Like how only Barrons of Hell are cooks and there are meat patties in one of the kitchens.Or how the skull switch texture are actually the Demon's lockers. Pleasant Music that fits with your Wad. I can easily say that this is a great and fun map to take break from all those shitty hell clishie wads. My most favourite part is when i guned downed a huge amount of zombies with the chaingun. Anyway i hope i see more wads in the future from you , i can clearly say that you have a talent.

Other things- in the first area where the stairs goes down and they are pinkies , they can't actually climb the stairs you must fixed it somehow.

As i said you must make all the windows actuall windows.

29 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

About the map - This was amazingly fun map to play ! Your imagination goes wild on this map and i love it , The wad looks great and some areas are very cool looking. Enemy encounters are fun and presented well . Secrets are there and this is a very good thing to have in your map/wads . The map is full  of little details i love Like how only Barrons of Hell are cooks and there are meat patties in one of the kitchens.Or how the skull switch texture are actually the Demon's lockers. Pleasant Music that fits with your Wad. I can easily say that this is a great and fun map to take break from all those shitty hell clishie wads. My most favourite part is when i guned downed a huge amount of zombies with the chaingun. Anyway i hope i see more wads in the future from you , i can clearly say that you have a talent.

That was really heartwarming to read after i spent many time working on it.

About the errors , i couln't find anyone who coult properly test it. I ran through this at least 10 times. But at least i know what to fix

But i don't know it it's possible to upload the fixed version while taking down the current version from id games. 

Any advice?

1 hour ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

About the errors , i couln't find anyone who coult properly test it. I ran through this at least 10 times. But at least i know what to fix

But i don't know it it's possible to upload the fixed version while taking down the current version from id games. 

Any advice?

Well you could remove the old link if you can edit your old post. Remove it and link the new version. Or you could upload the newer version.

2 hours ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

Any advice?

Always edit 1st posts and don't create new topics because ppl will search for actual version there or on idgames.

35 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

Always edit 1st posts and don't create new topics because ppl will search for actual version there or on idgames.

I 'll edit this of course

I meant that the file already got uploaded to the archive and is there any way to replace that with the updated one

Just upload it again as if it were a new mod, but add a note that it's an update in the "note to archive maintainer" section of the text file.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:20 PM, Finnthemapmaker said:

Screenshot_Doom_20190223_220618.png.1394d9c3620f1e36553de4488e1321c5.png

@Finnthemapmaker, that's the hud I would like to play with, could you please mention the hud mod title or link to download? I'd really appreciated!

About the map, I'm definitely gonna play it! I love GZDoom Maps!

Ok I have a lot to say about this one...

First of all, props to you for making this map, because for all who dont know this map is fucking enormous. This is about 3/4ths of it:

lolxd.PNG.14bd6420b1c21a07b5135fe60484f55f.PNG

So a lot of dedication and hard work was put into this, and it looks exotic and nice.  I think one part that I like is that you can tell what these rooms are for. Some are food stands, some are power generators and some are pools and you can distinctly see them.  Its overall very fun with some annoying encounters but most of them are generally a lot of fun. But there are small texture discrepancies and this glitch:

glitch1.PNG.d8e6f7792f542f0e92a66a5ce80b06c0.PNG

However when this level is about the size of 2 or 3 of Eternal Doom's levels, you can kinda dismiss these. 

Now, here are the cons. This map can be a switchhunt or keyhunt. Like a kinda big one. I remember once where I had one of the keys and I ventured for around 20 minutes to find another door on automap, the problem was I was in another continent and I needed to get back there. So it took me another 5+ minutes to get there. Also I didnt even explore all of the areas or even get the rocket launcher, which confused the hell out of me when I was picking up rockets when I didnt have one.

I think the last laugh is how abruptly the map ends. This is fine but after I got the green skull there was one more door I needed to hit is a door and I was done with this 90 minute behemoth.

Overall though I give this a 7.5-8/10. Even through all of the frustrations the map really shines in aesthetics and encounters. So good work! 

I played you map yesterday, and being just a single map, good thing that it's gorgeous big!

The detail is absolutely hudge! And I liked the Gzdoom features in it!

The whole map ambient is awsome and unique, with well choosed music change!

I loved the new skullkey colors, although you could put those colors on the doors as well.

This was the point where I got lost in the first time:

Screenshot_Doom_20190318_001445.png.2add22bcf61c0d155a302aea3641fc22.png

My problem was that the middle switch can be pressed with the bars on, and with that I thought the bars was just a (wierd) decoration, until I came later and I lowered them when the switch was already on. That was so messed up! Good thing I had a backup save before all that.

The exit beyond the green door was really disapointed, I was expecting a boss fight. I had a feeling that you got tired and lost patience at the end. But apart from that it was really impressive! Good work!

On 3/17/2019 at 10:21 PM, Kepehn said:

@Finnthemapmaker, that's the hud I would like to play with, could you please mention the hud mod title or link to download? I'd really appreciated!

Beautifull doom mod have same hud

9 hours ago, Kepehn said:

My problem was that the middle switch can be pressed with the bars on, and with that I thought the bars was just a (wierd) decoration, until I came later and I lowered them when the switch was already on. That was so messed up! Good thing I had a backup save before all that.

Wait that wasnt supposed to happen?

3 minutes ago, Rhebiz said:

Wait that wasnt supposed to happen? 

Sorry, but I'm having trouble to understand you. Are you mean you believed that the switch was meant to be turned on with the bars in place?

yeah .  Oh shit that makes sense why in my review post I didnt go to all areas. Thats probably why! Well I guess another playthrough would help.