• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delete

2018 DOOMWORLD HALLOWEEN THREAD

Scary monsters and super creeps!  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHAT SORTS OF STUFF AND THINGS WILL YOU BE DOING?

• Scaring trick or treaters
    • PARTY TIME!
    • Spooky Movies
    • Scary Videogames
    • Me have to work!
    • Haunting the Doomworld
    • NOTHING. Halloween is too ghoulish for my delicate nature.
    • OTHER *please specify*
    • Everyday is Halloween!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/18 at 07:09 PM

Posted (edited)

2017 DOOMWORLD HALLOWEEN THREAD

Picking up where @Csonicgo left off, what will you folks be up to this Halloween? For me I marathon horror movies every day of October, play some good survival horror games, listen to some good tunes and dive into some good horror literature.

tumblr_owr8jjJw701wcnuebo1_500.gif

Edited by Ex Oblivione : Haunted edit. OooOoooOh.

Probably within a week's time, I'll start reading The Long Halloween. 

Everyday truly is Halloween for me, which makes actual Halloween kind of disappointing. It's my favorite holiday and I want to enjoy it as best as I can, but the typical Halloween features and festivities seem trite compared to the constant Halloween in my soul.

Autumn is nice though.

I'll probably wear my D&D costume around the University again. Hopefully I remember to put it on in the morning instead of the afternoon this time...

I might try and find time to play some more Blood, something I've been meaning to do for a while.

I've never been interested in scary movies. There's some horror movies I should probably go see at some point, but that genre doesn't really appeal to me. An overabundance of shitty movies trying to pose as the next modern classic probably has something to do with that. Too much shit to sort through...

I love Hallowe'en but it's getting harder for me to enjoy it now that I'm an adult.

gonna go out as a sexy nurse

or maybe just stay inside and binge slenderman videos or something idk

in my country, mexico, we dont celebrate the hallowen, We celebrate something similar but it's until November 2 and it's called Day of the Dead

I take Halloween off every year to take my daughter out trick or treating which means I sorta get to feel the old spirit again. Love it :D

51 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

in my country, mexico, we dont celebrate the hallowen, We celebrate something similar but it's until November 2 and it's called Day of the Dead

Sounds like the video game Grim Fandango.

Since someone posted Every Day is Halloween already... * jerk *

Alright... so 3 or so weeks ago, my neighbors across the street had what sounded like a super loud DJ. Just blasting music and yelling into a microphone... followed by terrible children's kareoke. So in turn, I opened windows and aimed speakers outside while playing Everyday is Halloween and other Ministry songs for a good 3 hours.

Oof! Gotten inpatient :V

Anyway, the best part when it comes to Doomworld is here!

Ḽ̶̰̫̈̏ḙ̸̠̫̗̜̞̞̠͙́͗͌t̶̢̨͖̝͎͍̖̓̀͜͝'̷̤͉̆͛͜͝s̸̢̯̟̫̫̅͋̌̈̾͘͠ ̵̡̢̛̤̣̱͂̐̂͌̂̈́̕͘g̷̝̱̤͙͍͐͗͌͌̒̔̾͝͠é̵̹̱̳̻̆̓̂͂̃̕͜͠͝t̶͇͖̬̝̱̠͍̉̽̀̾ ̸͓̤̻̜̰̼̈́̌s̴̛͖̟̈͒̈́p̴̹̖̓͋ö̵̢̥͔̲̦͕̜́̂͗̽͜͠ǫ̷̦̇p̴̛̬͚̞͈̮͓͈̜̗̋͛̒ỷ̵̞̗̈̓̀̈́͠ͅ!̸̹̥̥̜͉͈͐̅̓̄

I probably will go see some event in Ashland as the Green Biker Dude from Mega Man X2

I get about 150 to 200+ trick or treaters at my house so we go with a spider theme and give out a ton of candy.   It's fun.

Halloween 17.jpg

I'm working on the actual day, and have the luxury of ignoring the doorbell if we do get any trick or treaters. As I'm not American or in the US, we don't get so much of that. Apparently there wasn't a single one last year.

What I am doing, as soon as I'm done with Rise of the Tomb Raider, is playing horror games through until mid-November. I've got Dead Space, the Resident Evil remasters, the first two FEAR games (plus expansions), Dead Island (and Riptide) and probably a load more that have been sitting in my games library for some time... So I'll probably still have plenty left over for next year.

Well, I don't have Halloween here in my country, so I'll just lurk here and maybe give Unloved another try. Not much I can do. 

Every day is Halloween for me, so nothing special really. Might watch some movies, play something, usual music, and that would be all me thinks, returning to the crypts.