Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delete

2018 DOOMWORLD HALLOWEEN THREAD

Scary monsters and super creeps!  

63 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. WHAT SORTS OF STUFF AND THINGS WILL YOU BE DOING?

    • Scaring trick or treaters
      4
    • PARTY TIME!
      7
    • Spooky Movies
      19
    • Scary Videogames
      24
    • Me have to work!
      14
    • Haunting the Doomworld
      19
    • NOTHING. Halloween is too ghoulish for my delicate nature.
      0
    • OTHER *please specify*
      12
    • Everyday is Halloween!
      13

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/18 at 07:09 PM

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Underrated cover of a song with Mike Patton vocals.

 

 

Great song by an awesome band! I saw them live last year in September and it was killer! I was way in the back though but it was still cool. That's the closest i'll ever get to Faith No More and Slayer too unfortunately (unless FNM does some shows in the future, but if they do i'm sure i won't be able to afford it and it'll be sold out).

 

Anyways for Halloween (mainly trick or trick) i'm probably just staying home and handing out candy like usual. Our's is usually in the early afternoon (not very fun i know). It doesn't last long either if i recall (couple of hrs). I'm sure i'll watch a few horror movies this month. I might re-watch the Hellraiser series (well the good movies anyways). Maybe i'll even finally play Doom 2016 if i can get it on sale. Get to fight that "Cybermoose" xD

Share this post


Link to post

 Well, it seems another year has come and gone and here is that sacred day again. Halloween is a special time of year when we celebrate the dead, the ghastly, ghoulish, and, yes, we also celebrate DoomKid's  wad collection. Some of us don fangs and praise the bloodthirsty in us, and others wear a rubber mask that we wore three years in a row and now it smells like pee. Halloween is the kid-gloves version of what this haunted existence would be like if we were ever haunted by real Demons. Does anybody else here have a haunting experience to share?
  Not to get too off topic, I am not even going to be gifted with handing out candy this year. Yes, I haven't been invited to even a single bash: The fun without me, yea right. I might just hang out in this graveyard [pic].

Help make memories of this scary night with someone you love. Happy Halloween, everyone.

 

halloween2018.jpg

Edited by Billy Baron : SpHelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post

Not really a Halloween person as I have been brought up that way, but I will probably play a game like Blood or Quest for Glory 4.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm spending the day in with beer, pizza, horror movies and my partner.

 

Also I bought a Hellraiser shirt and my shipping was $6.66

 

JKrYne0.png

 

See you fuckers in hell. No tears please, it's a waste of good suffering.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Billy Baron said:

 Does anybody else here have a haunting experience to share?

halloween2018.jpg

I have one. After a church event in a park near my high school, my dad and I went to check the school out. It was after dark at the time, without a shred of wind. At night, the inside of the school is lit up with soft lights, I suppose as a security measure (perhaps so security cameras can pick up rooms easier?) Anyways, while neither of us saw anything unusual, I did hear strange chattering inside, like kids talking. The school was most definitely closed.

 

Recent scary experience, that made me jump: I did not know the sound of my headphones were on as loud as they were, so the notification bell startled me as I was typing my experience.

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I'll share a spoopy experience I had several years ago:

It was during my high school's annual Hallowe'en dance, I was dressed as a generic Sith Lord I think. At one point one of my friends was looking through the glass doors that led to one of the side wings of the school, which at that time was closed off. He jumped and said he had just seen a mysterious glowing girl appear and walk into the computer lab down the hall. One of my other friends pulled out his brand new iPod touch and fired up a shitty ghost/alien detector app he had downloaded for this exact reason. I don't quite remember what we did exactly, if we found a way through the door or if we just stayed in the part of the school that was open, but that detector app fired up like a Geiger counter whenever we got anywhere near where my friend said he saw the ghost. At one point we were startled by a loud bang and abandoned the investigation.

Share this post


Link to post

This thread has gone well.

 

Also, I've started on Dead Space, now. I chuckled at the graphics when I got into the game proper, even at 4k with everything maxed out. Now I've spent a couple of hours in it (and made it into Chapter 3), I'm used to the look and feel of the game, but think the camera is too close to Isaac's back. Makes everything feel kind of awkward. It's also an incredibly noisy game, seemingly trying to startle a lot... Although it does do a fair job of building an atmosphere with all the background noises, subtle musical cues (when the game isn't screaming and shrieking at you), lighting shifts and macabre imagery. I'll see how I get on without using any extra weapons on Normal. There's no achievements in Origin on the PC for this game, it seems, but I know that it is one.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Phobus said:

This thread has gone well.

 

Also, I've started on Dead Space, now. I chuckled at the graphics when I got into the game proper, even at 4k with everything maxed out. Now I've spent a couple of hours in it (and made it into Chapter 3), I'm used to the look and feel of the game, but think the camera is too close to Isaac's back. Makes everything feel kind of awkward. It's also an incredibly noisy game, seemingly trying to startle a lot... Although it does do a fair job of building an atmosphere with all the background noises, subtle musical cues (when the game isn't screaming and shrieking at you), lighting shifts and macabre imagery. I'll see how I get on without using any extra weapons on Normal. There's no achievements in Origin on the PC for this game, it seems, but I know that it is one.

 

Nice! I have all 3 of them on Xbox 360. Got them for free through the "Games with Gold" program. Haven't played any of them yet. I might just play them on there as i heard they aren't that fast of games anyways so a controller should be fine. Actually, i'll just play them on my Xbone instead since they are backwards compatible and so i don't have to hook up my old ass 360 haha.

 

Sucks about the camera and noise though. If you can't change it on PC then you DEFINITELY can't change it on console. Thanks for the little review ;)

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

*pic*

 

Oh yessss, that Boris guy makes amazing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

Edited: I went off on a rant about how joking about Soviet genocide isn't ok. And a Halloween thread isn't the place for it.

Edited by Jello

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

Nice! I have all 3 of them on Xbox 360. Got them for free through the "Games with Gold" program. Haven't played any of them yet. I might just play them on there as i heard they aren't that fast of games anyways so a controller should be fine. Actually, i'll just play them on my Xbone instead since they are backwards compatible and so i don't have to hook up my old ass 360 haha.

 

Sucks about the camera and noise though. If you can't change it on PC then you DEFINITELY can't change it on console. Thanks for the little review ;)

 

Yeah, the pacing is pretty deliberate. It's also not a particularly long game, going by HLTB. All 12 chapters should be cleared in around 10-12 hours if you're playing at a comfortable difficulty, by the looks of things! I'm using an XBox 360 controller plugged into my PC, as the game displays controls for it with the hints and pop-up tutorials. Strangely, the actual control settings in the menu are all for the keyboard and mouse, but there you go...

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully I don't get quite as much dedicated gaming time for the rest of this month as I've had this weekend, or I'll run out of horror games before Halloween and have to start stretching the definition.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×