Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Doom 3: Final Scream (Community Project)

1 minute ago, DooM_RO said:

Sorry for being dense but I don't really understand the solution. There are also a lot of small little custom alignments that give the floor a specific look.

Ehh it's my problem for being a bit shit in explaining things in english,just look at some guides on Doom editing here in Doomworld and in the Doom wikia :)

4 minutes ago, SOSU said:

Ehh it's my problem for being a bit shit in explaining things in english,just look at some guides on Doom editing here in Doomworld and in the Doom wikia :)

I still think it's more convenient to use GZDoom and design it as if it were for Boom. If more people want to do what you described it the navigation of the texture selection would become very bloated. What do you think?

37 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

So this is what I wanted to achieve. If you have any suggestions how I can improve it then I am all ears.

37 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

as that was one of the main criticisms of Doom 3 : too few monsters and too little variety in how they were used

Sorry, I can't help it. Just because your map must use main criticisms of Doom 3, heh

To make your map very good in gameplay meaning - delete the revenant near the playerstart, move hellknight behind the door near the playerstart. Reduce ammount of zombiemen in the cave near blue key, delete lost souls in that place.

Near soulsphere delete 1 hellknight near the lift and also delete 2 cacos. Place few lost souls in lava section with mancubi (you also can move lost souls from cave to this place). Also delete lost souls in next area with boxes (or place them also in this lava section).

In train station delete about 10 pinky demons which teleports to you when you're pressing the button.

Move revenants from top to floor in barrels area.

All other monsters can stay untouched. That's will help you.

it's not like everyone want's to use the textures on floors and ceiling and vice versa,you could create a second texture pack with just the textures and flats that were "reversed" that your map uses.Later on you could add textures into the wad for if someone needs it in their map.While it's more convenient to use GZDoom and be done with it it limits your audience,not everyone uses GZDoom,some preffer ZDoom,some Eternity (you probably could play the project on these two but still) and others PRBoom also the ability to move flats in GZDoom isn't THAT cool if you consider that most don't give a shit about that anyways :)

I suppose I should chime in a say that the texture pack, well if I recall the hi-res version contains brightmaps which are for the most part proprietary to Gz, Qz and Zandro. ~ If they get used of course.

13 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I suppose I should chime in a say that the texture pack, well if I recall the hi-res version contains brightmaps which are for the most part proprietary to Gz, Qz and Zandro. ~ If they get used of course.

Well it's going to use the 256 color version.

this project looks interesting and more because I'm just playing doom 3, so I'd love to see it finished, and I'd like to help but I really suck in mapping :"v

On 10/11/2018 at 4:09 PM, DooM_RO said:

I still think it's more convenient to use GZDoom and design it as if it were for Boom.

For what it's worth, your CP is likely dead on its feet if you impose a rule as counterintuitive as this. It's fine if you want to do something like it, but expecting other people to limit themselves to GZDoom but then ban them from using 99% of GZDoom features is just unrealistic. No-one wants to do that.  What's more, few things annoy players more than being forced to use GZDoom to play a map that really could have been Boom compatible.

If you want your CP to be a success, you have to design something that appeals to people. Know your audience. And your audience doesn't like being forced to use a specific non-cross-compatible source port for no good reason.

Honestly, it sounds like you're wanting a Boom compatible mapset that uses strictly the Doom 3 textures. Which is an awesome idea. So do that. Yeah, you can't offset flats, but as this is the literal only GZDoom feature you seem to want to use, frankly, suck it up. Honestly, if you want this CP to go anywhere, you need to simplify the requirements. 

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

For what it's worth, your CP is likely dead on its feet if you impose a rule as counterintuitive as this. It's fine if you want to do something like it, but expecting other people to limit themselves to GZDoom but then ban them from using 99% of GZDoom features is just unrealistic. No-one wants to do that.  What's more, few things annoy players more than being forced to use GZDoom to play a map that really could have been Boom compatible.

If you want your CP to be a success, you have to design something that appeals to people. Know your audience. And your audience doesn't like being forced to use a specific non-cross-compatible source port for no good reason.

Honestly, it sounds like you're wanting a Boom compatible mapset that uses strictly the Doom 3 textures. Which is an awesome idea. So do that. Yeah, you can't offset flats, but as this is the literal only GZDoom feature you seem to want to use, frankly, suck it up. Honestly, if you want this CP to go anywhere, you need to simplify the requirements. 

Well, you have a point, a really good one in fact. I've been thinking about it too.

Do you think there is a painless way to make my map Boom compatible? Can you take a look at it? I really want it to be part of the project. I mean, aside from those little but still important things that I mentioned, it was really made with vanilla/boom in mind from the start.

I don't usually like venturing beyond Boom. The only reason I use GZDoom nowadays is because of those small features.

And...nobody is interested in participating?

I mean, the project rules needs kinda rework, but that's not a big deal. I just don't see any post about "Count me in".

About myself - count me in, lol. Just not right now, just because I've taken A LOT of side projects already, I can't take this map-pack right now.

I'm interested though this seems dead on arrival, but I'm also working on something else so even if it were active I wouldn't be able to participate atm.

@DooM_RO Hey man,ithink I found a way to solve this issue and revive this CP!!!You don't need to decide between using GZDoom or Boom if you can have 'em both (kinda),use Eternity!!!It's basically the middle point between Boom and ZDoom with a few GZDoom features :D you can use flats on walls an textures on floors,move those flats (udmf only) and it feels like Boom!!!