Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TakenStew22

Super Shotgun is the best shotgun in video game history.

1 hour ago, R4L said:

Idk, Quake 2 SSG is bae <3

It was designed to let you feel its power. Quake 2 SSG + Quad Damage = max satisfaction.

I love the sound of the Doom II SSG. It just has that low end thump that's so satisfying. The original pump-action shotgun is extremely versatile too though, but my vote is still for Doom's SSG.

Doom has the two best shotguns. The regular shotgun is a reliable primary weapon and served me well through two Martian moons and Hell itself. The super shotgun is a more powerful option that destroys swarms of enemies and gives you the ability to take on mid-tier demons without being forced to use the rocket launcher.

Pleased by the SSG love. Also pleased by the Quake 2 SSG love. This is the one Q2 thing I can say I love without a doubt.

7 minutes ago, Kira said:

Pleased by the SSG love. Also pleased by the Quake 2 SSG love. This is the one Q2 thing I can say I love without a doubt.

Everyone loves the SSG. It's just a beautiful weapon.

Talking about shotguns, imo Blood's shotgun deserves some respect too, it's pretty fun to use and feels good.

22 minutes ago, seed said:

Talking about shotguns, imo Blood's shotgun deserves some respect too, it's pretty fun to use and feels good.

That is an excellent shotgun.

On 5/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, CyberDreams said:

I love the sound of the Doom II SSG. It just has that low end thump that's so satisfying. The original pump-action shotgun is extremely versatile too though, but my vote is still for Doom's SSG.

Perkristian's HD shotgun sound makes firing that thing even more satisfying.

I prefer Modern Warfare 2's Model 1887, maybe it's because the pumping sound and animation are freaking awesome, and possibly because of the akimbo reloading animation.

Here's an extremely 2009-y video showing it off:

Yes hi hello, couldn't help but notice no one mentioned Turok 2's pump-action double-barrel with explosive shells.

Spoiler

turok.png

On 5/13/2019 at 11:26 AM, CyberDreams said:

Coupled with the Arachnotron's death sound, it's a total eargasm.

Haha, has the Civvie video been posted? The one where he celebrates the SSG sound?

17 minutes ago, VGA said:

Haha, has the Civvie video been posted? The one where he celebrates the SSG sound?

Not that I've seen, but I watched Pro Doom II the other day and his Pain Elemental file killed me.

Screenshot_20190512-123602_YouTube.jpg

On 5/13/2019 at 11:20 AM, Rimantas said:

It was designed to let you feel its power. Quake 2 SSG + Quad Damage = max satisfaction.

Quake 2 SSG + Quad Damage + BFG10k = Max Cheapness

3 hours ago, Master O said:

Quake 2 SSG + Quad Damage + BFG10k = Max Cheapness

I don't get your point, but you can add all of the rest weapons if you like.

15 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I don't get your point, but you can add all of the rest weapons if you like.

I was joking around.

Ah,yes in the Pro Doom 2 video lol, check from 2:24 onwards

Y'all wrong, SSG is the one definitive, supreme, godly, beautiful and overall awesome shotgun in the entire history of videogames.

It trascends every other shotgun the Universe has made, it's the best sounding one and it turns you into a Demi-God the first second you get it.

I made an Altar for it and I prayed to it to help my crops grow sane and good, the next day I had entire trees of apples and a coconut, while other shotguns can't do this and therefore they cry and envy the power of our one and only God, SSG.

Christians are wrongs and people that worship Satan too, SSG is the one above all, SSG is the cure of diseases and the one wish granter you wish you had.

I love SSG, all was true except the crops thing.

12 hours ago, John_Hamhock said:

Not that I've seen, but I watched Pro Doom II the other day and his Pain Elemental file killed me.

Screenshot_20190512-123602_YouTube.jpg

Same. Cause fuck it.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:06 AM, TakenStew22 said:

Super Shotgun is the best shotgun in video game history.

I'm sure the Hell Knights disagree with it. But I agree for sure.

I feel like Dusk's double barrel could compete with Doom's, but that could be chalked up to the fact that the SSG was most likely an inspiration for it (Dusk's double barrelled).

On 5/17/2019 at 7:37 AM, pcorf said:

I'm sure the Hell Knights disagree with it. But I agree for sure.

I heard rumours of a demonstration being planned by the association of SSG-traumatized Hell Knights the last time I visited the fiery pits of Hell.