Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

So...? then.. how did it get there?

Am I just stupid or is there a glaring piece of explanation missing from this video that James Campbell (or the editors) decided wasn't necessary? Do other people find that when they are reading an article (often a news item) about something bizarre or unusual the level of explanation in the article is wholly lacking? Or am I the only one who (frustratingly) experiences this on a regular basis? Here is a great example: https://vimeo.com/281242068. I would love other's insights on this. Watch the whole video and tell me it's not at least somewhat puzzling the lack of explanation to it? /sigh. 

3uwghzz-819x1024.jpg

Unless it was helicoptered in, I'd say the forest grew up around it... or it's edited.

In the video James Campbell said the plane didn't crash there. But he doesn't say how it got there. Was it assembled there? was it driven there? was it flown and landed there? Surely you agree such an explanation is warranted? I mean, it's not terribly obvious to me how a plane ends up in the middle of a forest.

Alright. I watched the thing. Yes it does warrant an explanation, but oddly enough he's not the only one that just happens to have a plane somewhere where it shouldn't be. Someone found a random google maps drive by where a plane is just attached to someone's house, but that's in a neighborhood setting.

Looks like one of the planes DB Cooper and his copycats would hijack and jump out of.

Even a random crash landing that was reassembled would have smaller trees behind it with bigger trees around it.

He could have just found a clearing, hauled the plane out there in the 70s when those planes were retired due to hijackings.

My local auto museum has jets that were disassembled and reassembled at the museum.

If you go to the website airplanehome.com  it goes into detail about the place. It has a few links about the moving process and how to get there. I do think that the picture is a bit off though, like it has been edited somehow. There is a few things that you notice in the video that surround it that are not in the picture. It does seem like a labor of love to put the plane there though.