Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danlex

Caco Bell - A boom compatible map

Cute, a little similar to Kama Sutra in feel. The theme and the music add a lot to the map. The health balance seemed quite harsh, I only found a couple of bottles inside and wasn't ready for the invasion at all. Some fights can get silly since the building is connected to the outside through a single door and so monsters get confused. Not sure what ammo boxes are doing on the tables, does anyone actually eat that?

@Memfis

About health:

There's a megasphere inside the restaurant, you need to find it (It's a little surprise). But I can update the map with more health/ammo.

About ammo boxes on the tables:

Spoiler

1182633386_tacoboxes.png.7ceea3203b0eadc9e1f2f57a02044100.png

Use your imagination...

9 minutes ago, DanielAlexander said:

Hide contents

1182633386_tacoboxes.png.7ceea3203b0eadc9e1f2f57a02044100.png

Use your imagination...

I really want those coca cola but I can not take it because by a one disease in my stomach :c

Nice fun short little map, kinda reminded me of that duke burger map from duke3d.. the drive thru baron was pretty amusing. Found the mega because i cant resist clicking on stuff like that when i see it in doom.. only thing i thought was a bit strange was the obvious car park gateway that you couldnt walk thru.. maybe having some more sector cars blocking the gate wouldve been a more elegant way of blocking it rather than an impassable line.. Fun map, thanks for making it :)

4 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

I really want those coca cola but I can not take it because by a one disease in my stomach :c

I prefer diet Caco Cola, myself. 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:36 PM, DanielAlexander said:

Short boom compatible slaughtermap inspired by Garbage's wad, McDoomalds.

CacoBell.zip

Boom Compatible

IWAD: Doom 2

Tested with: PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4

Single Player only

Screenshots (no monsters):

Screenshot_Doom_20181016_172607.png.76518263776546f82d5a73ec267a33c2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20181016_172635.png.6fa9976c53bf4d2b632ca75e90625bc2.png

Zip file includes a UV-Max demo (3:22)

If you don't like slaughter, try playing in lower difficulties.

Feedback is highly appreciated :D

"No way I'm eating this shit!" ;)

Fun, short little romp through the restaurant. I liked the overall balance, with the right amount of health and ammo for the task. I also liked the furniture around, especially the car (cars count as furniture right?). My only complaint is that which was mentioned by Memfis: the map is pretty clearly divided into two sections by a single door, which makes cheesing a bit easy.

When you wrote slaughtermap inspired map i was afraid that this didn't going to be my cup of tea but i have to say i enjoy it. Short fun map with theme that is not often visible on doom so for me this was big +. Gameplay feels great and nicely balanced even for me  who sucks hardly at slaughtermap maps (played on Hurt me plenty). Visuals are nice and i like it. Maybe i would change the sky for the city one (sky2) to set the theme bit better.

Not a big slaughter guy (I have the Doom skills of a baby), but Not Too Rough was perfect for me. The map was short, but was extremely charming. I really like the implied story that Doomguy left his keys in the Cacobell (tm) bathroom and had to go back to get them, seems like he has a bit of social anxiety and thus is having trouble with both his fellow customers and the staff. Had a lot of fun, this might inspire something I do for the project I'm working on in November.

Whew, I'm late to this.

I played this twice through on UV, dying a few times on my first attempt and skipping the final fight (even though I had a feeling the car would be the exit trigger), and then clearing it pretty much in one go on my second runthrough.

Pretty dang fun! :D That toilet megasphere is a stroke of genius, along with the CACO sign you made out of SHAWN1. The gameplay is good fun but fairly punishing with all the middle-tier enemies, bordering on slaughter. You've gotta keep running and circlestrafing. Which isn't a bad thing! I guess I was expecting more mindless consumerist zombie fodder. :P

That last fight being skippable is a bit of a problem, I think. Maybe you should spawn the blue key outside (around the back of the restaurant) along with the final batch of monsters?

I think there's a couple of conveyance issues, currently. A midtexture barrier at the car park exit would be better than having an invisible impassible wall, and on a similar note I don't really like the delivery window blocking shots, it'd be nice if it was still possible to shoot through this (wouldn't be a *fun* approach to the map, necessarily, but it'd be nice to have that option). You could have a hatch open when the player steps through the doors.

Speaking of, at first I couldn't quite distinguish the main door from the windows, since it has almost the exact same texture/appearance.

The monsters inside the restaurant do seem to wake up a bit early. They crowd around the entrance as a result, and taking them out becomes a task similar to chopping away slowly at an encroaching wall of meat. What I'd do is use block-sound lines to strictly have the monsters inside be deaf to everything happening outside, then when the door is opened, have them wake up. You might also want to use block-monster lines on the tables/chairs, it looks a tiny bit silly when giant mancubus corpses suspend themselves on the back side of a chair. :P

I echo Marlamir's comment about changing the sky to sky2. Will fit much better.

Lastly, this is a dumb point but, am I hallucinating or are the barrels in the restaurant indestructible?? Was playing in GZDoom. Your wad doesn't have a DEHACKED lump and I don't think I loaded anything else... so I'm mystified.

I played through the map with Doom Delta, and also noticed that the barrels couldn't explode. Overall, I thought this map was just alright. Not much to search for, and the plain, square outline made the outdoor fighting a bit basic. I did find myself getting trapped in the toilet while having to fight off several Revenants that were entering the room. That was pretty fun to fight my way out of. 

CacoBellv2.zip

-Added midtexture at the park exit.

-Monsters inside the restaurant are deaf now.

-Now, the drive thru window opens once you enter the restaurant.

-Changed sky to sky2 (gonna change the screenshots later)

-New UV-Max demo (4:21)

I also want to thank all of you for playing and giving feedback... Thank you! :P

Edited by DanielAlexander

On 11/26/2018 at 12:59 AM, DanielAlexander said:

CacoBellv2.zip

-Added midtexture at the park exit.

-Monsters inside the restaurant are deaf now.

-Now, the drive thru window opens once you enter the restaurant.

-Changed sky to sky2 (gonna change the screenshots later)

-New UV-Max demo (4:21)

I also want to thank all of you for playing and giving feedback... Thank you! :P

You're welcome, i'm really enjoy it so far :D