Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

If Doomworld had to change its name to something without the word "Doom" in the title, what would it be?

If a company wanted to buy the domain, hypothetically how much do you think it's worth?

Waddb similar to modbb or is it taken?

bfgcentral maybe

Some unpronounceable symbol that never existed before in any language. It would then be unofficially called "the site formerly known as Doomworld."

Edited by Empyre

Cacoworld imo. Combined with the Cacoward brand, it'd be Cacoworld's Cacowards.

Or World of Cacos if you want to go cuter.

But yeah, cacos.

A few thoughts:

• It's not much use if your suggestion of xyz.com is already taken, and basically any other top level domain is off the table unless there's a very good reason to use it. By all means continue with your very clever jokes but do keep in mind that it's most helpful if it's also a legit suggestion.
  • wadworld.com is the obvious one but it's already registered
  • http://waddicted.com is lol but also maybe too cutesy / derivative of Quaddicted
  • I also already own http://idtech.one from a prior instance of thinking about this

The fact that you want helpful suggestions implies that this is not hypothetical after all. Are they wanting the name for themselves, or are they protesting that your site about Doom has Doom in its name? Maybe DoomFan or DoomPlayer or Gerardo194's Doomerworld suggestion would be god enough for them even though they still have the word Doom in them because those names make it clear that you are not claiming to be an official site.

It is kind of tricky to make a name that is obviously about Doom without using the word Doom. I will think about it on the back burners of my mind as see if anything comes up.

13 hours ago, fraggle said:

Amazed nobody has yet suggested Worldy McWorldFace

That's so last year.

FraggleFoundation.

Replying to a post got me a warning for spamming huh?

Edited by geo

The Kingdom of Wad

In Wad We Trust

The Wad Couple

An Act of Wad

The Wad Complex

For the Love of Wad

Oh My Wad

The Hammer of Wad

Inanimate Carbon Wad

The Wad Couple

Ok, I'm done.

Domeworld

Boomworld

Hereticworld

Waddayameanicantusedeeohohemmanymorequestionmark.com

Im gonna go with Phobos Anomaly since it's a pretty iconic part of the game and also doesn't reference anything outside of the game.

Alternatively, Boomworld. Kick the ZDoomers and vanilla purists out reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I like referencing map names like Phobos Anomaly. Everyone interested in Doom will know what it is anyway. It may be just a  matter of finding out which mapname works best (ease of typing, length, uniqueness, etc.)

Or Episode names maybe:

Knee Deep (omitting in the death, since that‘d be a horribly long URL)

Shores of Hell

Thy Wad Consumed (lulz)

1 minute ago, Capellan said:

iconofsin.com

Not the worst idea, but John Romero owns that... which... is... maybe... not... insurmountable....

What about iddqd.com? I think in context with the concerns you laid out earlier, it's a snappy retort. It appears to not be in use, but it may be getting camped on, which probably isn't much of an improvement. idtech.one is good too. 

Sorry about the shitheel post earlier. I didn't realize how serious the topic was until I read your post on the second page.