Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

If Doomworld had to change its name to something without the word "Doom" in the title, what would it be?

Sadly, Hell on Earth is already taken.

Is ScionOfWolfenstein.com too obscure? Heh.

Or FindSomeMeat.com

On a more serious note: DoomOnEarth.com is not taken. [I'm not clear on why the word "doom" can't appear in a domain name. The word is one in common use, and I can't see how a commonly-used word can be trademarked or copyrighted if it is generally adopted in a fair-use context.]

Edited by ReX

origdoom

doom93

UACSociety

Doom Central

UAC Central

pwadhall

pwadhell

Edited by joepallai : read the instructions...and added more

would definitely be in support of migrating to a different domain name, as that sounds like a tough spot to be in. I think some of the serious suggestions here are more recognizably doom (and therefore maybe a better choice) than others though. for example, I think non-doomers will be much more likely to recognize 'iddqd' than something like 'phobos anomaly'

Oh, I see that it's really serious...

Maybe doomvault.com

Such a name could emphasize the fact that the site is a repository of a huge amount of content for the game.

Or doom.vault - if this is possible.

Another variant is doomnation.com
In my opinion, this is a good name for the site of one of the largest gaming communities in the world.

P.S. But I really do not know how good it sounds to English-speaking people.

Edited by StormCatcher.77

It may be worth avoiding names containing "id" as well, and regarding iddqd.com, iddqd.ru already exists.

5 minutes ago, Marcaek said:

It may be worth avoiding names containing "id" as well, and regarding iddqd.com, iddqd.ru already exists.

Fair point, but it's a bit of a stretch to send a cease and desist on such a tenuous premise. I think it would probably be fine. 

8 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Oh, I see that it's really serious...

Maybe doomvault.com

Dude... read the title at least before replying.

OMG, sorry... I translated it wrong without translator...

All I could think of at the moment is a variation with the words "-vault" and "-nation". I will leave the discussion to not say something stupid...

Heathens! The new domain name will be superfly.net and it will be a 50/50 Doom and Daikatana content split. Do not forget that I am still holding BTSX E3 hostage and am the king of the hacker hax0ring underground, an actual true fact that is true except it's been hard to get any ransom money because no one I've threatened believes it's been released, yet. :(

I believe phobosanomaly is taken by some Geocities-looking page. 

Maybe a little obscure, but fnord.com appears to be available. 

i really like chaingunner's suggestion of tei tenga. it's a good short name that isn't hard to read and probably isn't trademarked by id or anyone. it's a unique name making it easy to remember (both words starting with the same letter also makes it easy to remember) and it pays homage to doom's inception in tom hall's doom bible.

I wanted to suggest Entryway.com, but sadly it's already taken. Maybe Knee-deep.com which is available? Or a slightly less serious one: Daisyrabbit.com (also available).

Maybe we can request the iconofsin domain from Romero if we hit such a crisis. He might actually consider it!

nottheDwordworld.com 

rrr.. yeah.. Oh wait let me google that.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I also got "1 warning point" from moderators for "spamming", I was just giving my opinions about it. Actually if Doomworld had to change its name it'd be sad for me. I think Phobosanomaly.com would be a cool Idea as others suggest or "Phoboswadcomplex.com" 

I like the ideas of having "wad" in the name, and Wadworld.com looks like it's actually available?

9 hours ago, Chezza said:

Waddb similar to modbb or is it taken?

bfgcentral maybe

Any of those 2 would be my pick as well.

E: Actually I just got a few more ideas:

phobos-realm.com

Idclip.com (actually, maybe not)

deimos-damned-moon.com

cyberden.com

uac-division.com

wads-tenga.com

E2: Ok, so maybe no words containing the "id" letter either.

Edited by Agent6