Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

NaNoWADMo 2018

Day 3. I didn't have a clear vision of what to do today, so I only got a basic layout

Spoiler

image.png.e430ada950183263e687c76640732261.png

Finished these late last night, and with that, Episode 3 is blocked out.

(Yes, I'm cloning IWAD layouts for the secret levels, like I did with Griefless's E4M9. I assure you it's all done from scratch.)

unknown.png

Gonna take a break from mapping today and take solace in the fact that I'm three-fourths done with laying out my Ultimate Doom mapset. Episode 1 needs some planning before I start that off, then texturing everything! Which I'm pretty psyched for.

unknown.png

4 full maps complete, including thing placement, clean automaps, testing and difficulties. So far so good, hopefully I dont get too held back because of work and what have you.

UtQvl3O.png?1

UO46JW0.png?1

DSOyjc1.png?1

eq1ecLe.png?1

four more maps.  That's 7 so far.

I might need to dip my arms in icewater for a while, until next weekend.

Map04: 

9uTMtVj.jpg

Map05:

V9UGGbj.jpg

Map06:

zjtPsKE.jpg

Map07:

j8VoqW4.jpg

Im loving the progress, they all look really interesting, can't wait to see the final projects

Sadly due to a trip up head start and time commitments i doubt i'll be able to make a 32 mapset in just november, however it has motivated me to do a megawad (my first) so i'll see how much i can get done.

love how the competition is running so far though.

Day 4. I was busy today but I advanced a bit. This map is beatable now, but it's missing more than half of fights.

Spoiler

image.png.cadd9b1ca59ca4a6094c2c5133c9d88c.png

I've been watching everyone's progress on the Discord but there's so much to see it's hard to keep up. And there's a ton more here in the thread! You guys are my heroes.

As of the end of Day 4, I've got three 100-linedef maps done.

E2M3:

Spoiler

e2m3.png.9bba9cc010fb4c3b6ce01462d21510df.png

E2M5:

Spoiler

e2m5.png.50b26eea645bbce3bcbc2d88b9b8b143.png

E2M6:

Spoiler

e2m6.png.9a94e12b64251634d9910b017af390ac.png

So, I'm at the start of day 5 and have so far only had one day to work. The result?

Screenshot_Doom_20181102_181616.png

Today is my second real chance to make a map, but I've only got about 3 hours or so, by the looks of it.

E1M1 remains untouched, but I'm working backwards and how have some progress on E1M2 to show:

31859191298_f50e466d83_o.png

Lots of work and interconnections in the north-west and south-east still to do, but it's taking shape.

Since I made sketches before November 1, I'm not sure if I can post here, but here are some screenshots of my work:

Spoiler

Map01: Filth Pit (aka Discount Perfect Hatred)

yAKlM00.png

JYBgI7Z.png

Z9wTJku.png

Map02: Canyon Fort

VtNImh7.png

bOelVqP.png

iQ1hCEt.png

Map03: Hidden Tower

2c8FPl4.png

9LJPoTB.png

VFdH5JQ.png

QCektJ9.png

Map04: Mt. FIREBLU

htEMWWw.png

oaRGvbD.png

hgnVw4X.png

Map05: Bone Crusher

J7DMyW5.png

TkgfCuS.png

zmuzO9a.png

unknown.png

All of episode 1 miraculously and feverishly laid out in an evening. (...and most of the morning. It's 5am now.)

Have compiled all these together, now I'm gonna chill for a bit - before texturing all 27 layouts!

DrRVJ0_XcAANXHo.jpg

DrRVJ1BX0AAsu1N.jpg

Not much done today, but I'm very happy with this room. :)

The goal is to finish this map by tomorrow. Let's see if I can make it.

So far I've dutifully started a new map each day.  None of them has yet to include an exit trigger, let alone silly things like "monsters" or "ammo", so my chances for finishing Nanowadmo according to the letter of the rules isn't looking good.  That said, I'm making a lot of interesting layouts if nothing else.  I could see this becoming a handful of actual maps at some point.

So this map is basically complete. I want to do some changes but I think it's best to let it go for now (kinda behind schedule). I liked how it turned out and I will return to it later.

Spoiler

image.png.8e264ff261a4acc48f87989d70fca4a7.png

Edited by Worm318

Screenshot_Doom_20181106_094358.png

"E1M4: The Forge"

Fully made, with difficulty settings and all that, like "E1M1: At The Gates" is. 2/27 on day 6/30, but with ample time to play catch up today. Unfortunately, when you look at days I'm actually free this month, in practice today is day 3/18, or thereabouts. Some of these later speed maps may be particularly rushed.

3 days wasted without making a map in these days, gotta go fast and make something. Anyway made 3 and half maps in 3 days... i'll show you layouts when I have time...

Episodes 1 and 3 of "Deathless" are now textured and functional. Onto Episode 2 to finish the job, then thing placement!

@Voltcom9 Interesting concept. Looks pretty good so far, although I hope the hitscan enemies won't be so deadly as they are in ROTT!

A couple of screenshots from my effort today. These are both from E1M2: The Great Hall:

Screenshot_Doom_20181106_210540.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181106_210634.png

GZDoombuilder view of the Airstrip for Sea Wolf Mission 4: Command Center. I've retextured these buildings so many times...

image.png.f32376857e95663ef59c6af564667911.png