Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryath

NaNoWADMo 2018 (vote on your preferred month next year!)

24(-ish) hours left, folks! Get your mice and keyboards ready!

On 10/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, Obsidian said:

Best of luck to everyone! As for me I don't reckon I'll participate: with all the projects I'm finally getting out of the way, I'd prefer to just take it easy for now rather than hitch my wagon on another project (especially one with the potential to be somewhat demanding). Maybe next year, who knows.

EDIT: A request: would I be able to link your server in the ASScord? I have a channel where I keep links to other "speedy" (mapping or otherwise) Doom servers to encourage ASS participants to visit them and I feel like yours would slot right in.

Thanks Obsidian! And sure, of course you can link to the NaNo server.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:43 PM, jerrysheppy said:

Sign me up.  Worst that can happen is I'll have to bail out.

Done!

This sounds like exactly the kind of thing to help me get back into mapping.

Looks like the gameplay-altering thingy I had in mind won't be completed fast enough, So I'll probably go with something more classic... but I'm still on the fence about the theme. Do you know any cool but underused texture packs you'd like to see in a megawad, maybe?

Count me in. I probably won't be able to provide a full 32-level mapset, but I'll try.

Made a little resource pack in these days, with various times slade broke out, that's encouraging.

I have already ideas for how to proceed in this thing...

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Alrighty, down to work.

vdXtwwg.png

Wow, you must be way ahead of me time wise.  Are you doing them all in a single map file?

So I don't have anything that looks remotely like a completed map yet, but after an abortive and abandoned attempt late last night, E1M1 is starting to take shape...

43854066290_0011fc73ec_o.png

...And E1M3 is coming along somewhat more nicely.

44947349574_766f10cc54_o.png

This sounds fun, but I doubt I would map enough for even 15 maps in a month.  I think I'll try unofficially, though.

day 2. finished texturing most of the first level, gonna try super hard to finish it all tonight and have a 2nd layout done.

i'd rather have like an episodes worth of maps that i deem quality though rather than a megawad full of jokes and half-assed efforts

Spoiler

image.png.03a4707f6f1ae9a667c337df09d73044.png

edit: if youre seeing this and wish to playtest my maps DM me

Edited by bioshockfan90

Made plenty of progress today.

I'm a slow mapper.

xOqT45L.jpg

mR0Jd8H.jpg

kKACy3e.jpg

4Js33ww.jpg

Here's a current editor shot:

unknown.png

Map's about 50% done. Will continue this tomorrow.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:00 PM, Jimmy said:

unknown.png

Each took me around 15 mins at the minimum, with 7 and 9 taking the longest at nearly an hour each.

You cheated on number 9; that's just a copy of Map11 from Doom 2. :O

So far I've been having trouble actually getting a proper map completed per day, since I get dragged down into detailing and using special effects (which I ironically am not skilled enough to use properly, thus making it completely pointless).

Day 2. Another map completed. I hope I can pull out a map that doesn't need more detailing someday

Spoiler

image.png.5f23ef1af8067e447bad4bafc480d816.png

jimmy's idea of doing a bunch of layouts together is really cool
i know that i'd sit there detailing one room for three hours and then restarting lol, your method seems much better

current progress on tunes:

map 03 "grosstown traffic"

map 01 "ansata"

Edited by yakfak

Alright, got two maps finished! The second one still turned out weirder than planned, but at least I had less vanilla scripts to worry about.