Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kain

something horrible i just noticed, unless...

so i was snoopin around in my computer overclocking and shit (hm... i dont recall max payne having a minemum system reqirements at a p2 250 128mg of ram and a 32 meg video card, runs rather well, with everything set to low) and i was able to get it up to 291 mhz(from 233) and its not that stable unless you want to run a screen saver, so i decide to flash my bios to try and get it up more. hm...
i read the instructions on how to do it. WTF!!!! boot into dos????? excuse me if im wrong, but doesnt windows 2k and xp have emulated dos( 2k has it way better than xp (all you people that says 2k is a system hog, well i kinda think it is, but stability out weighs hogieness 10klbs to 1lbs))?? so how am i supposed to udate my bios for gods sake????

please someone help me out.

I'm not too sure if the 98 boot disk will work, since it sends you straight to setup instead of kicking you to a DOS prompt (I haven't used a Windows boot disk in a LONG time). I have a custom boot disk with the Windows 98 command.com and yes, it works. If you can edit the autoexec on the win98 boot disc it should work, or exit setup once it enters it. All you need is a DOS prompt.

o
durr ok
lol
well i got it working and its preatty easy but i had a huge problem with installing my videocard after i installed and then i just reseted the bios and vwala!!

the computer loads in less than a minute now!
and now i can overclock past 291mhz to about 300mhz!!
damn those p2 233's can go high if you have nice cooling.
but 300 isnt stable at all and 291 is barley stable(mainly cus i need some thermal grease) and yes i have the heatsink on without thermal grease.

Shit man, trying to put overclock a P2 at all is like trying to lengthen your schlong by using a vise grip. Sure, it's technically longer, but you can't bloody well USE it.

DC