Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Birger

New Classic Doom

I have reprogrammed the old classic windoom source to run completely without any external dll's and it seems to run fine on a win8, win9 and win10. If you are interested please check it out here http://www.riseofthetriad.dk

Thanks

Birger

I've tried out WinDoom, it runs but has some graphic problems. Textures and flats not rendering correctly. On windows 10.

windoom.jpg.ff5375d4eeb2e8761cab22c74aea1498.jpg

3 hours ago, Liberation said:

I've tried out WinDoom, it runs but has some graphic problems. Textures and flats not rendering correctly. On windows 10.

windoom.jpg.ff5375d4eeb2e8761cab22c74aea1498.jpg

lights are wrong too

8 hours ago, Doge Sword said:

lights are wrong too

Thanks for your test and reply.

The problem with programming to things which is used in many contries is that there is tiny differences in GFX cards and differences in drivers so it's hard for me to test all contry's versions.

But enough excuses, I have looked into the problem and it seemed as it was my Gamma corection calculation's which went wrong so I tried to make the calcs in a different manner but since I can't test it here by me I was hoping You could do it for me.

Down load the newest exe 'WinDoomAPI_v118.zip' and see if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Birger

10 minutes ago, Birger said:

The problem with programming to things which is used in many contries is that there is tiny differences in GFX cards and differences in drivers so it's hard for me to test all contry's versions.

But enough excuses, I have looked into the problem and it seemed as it was my Gamma corection calculation's which went wrong so I tried to make the calcs in a different manner but since I can't test it here by me I was hoping You could do it for me.

Thanks in advance

Birger

Something I forgot to say. Try set Gamma settings to 4 and restart the game and see if this makes a difference.

Good luck with your project and it's nice to see another Dane here :) At least I think you are.

22 hours ago, Liberation said:

Looks like the classic palette fuckery Windows Explorer imposes on 8-bit paletted video modes. Usually requires converting Doom output to a 32-bit buffer in a 32-bit video mode. Thanks, Windows.

Anyway, nice project!

Doom05.jpg.5b27f48959f3ef016bd171e233f42793.jpg

Doom06.jpg.599492e6cf313fcde44d26c84014bfc1.jpg

Doom09.jpg.2026eec0871466476820e6a27a457cca.jpg

Gamma level 4 works a lot better, but still a few lighting issues. After a restart the textures are better but when the player gets damaged the above happens. 

However I will test a bit more.

EDIT: Found the issue, Floor and Wall GFX enhancing when switched on, cause this effect. With them both off it runs fine (so far). :-)

Edited by Liberation

I downloaded a version yesterday that wouldn't work, wouldn't even load.. although that version didn't show a version #.

However, today I downloaded v118 and I can confirm that WinDoomAPI_v118 does work on Win10 pro 64bit.

In fact v118 doesn't have any graphic anomalies on this end..(so far) I'll let you know if I encounter any though. 

*I forgot to mention, the midi music plays a little faster than it should.

*Ah yes I see the graphic issue if GFX enhancement is enabled. ~ disabled, no issue so far..

*The pull down PWAD selection does nothing, but adding -file pwadname.wad in the parameter field does.

*If adding a strafe key number in the windoom.ini for left and right strafe, the strafe works but its "really badly delayed".

Here's my Doom2 DEFAULT.cfg if its of any help:

mouse_sensitivity        28
sfx_volume        10
music_volume        11
show_messages        1
key_right        77
key_left        75
key_up        72
key_down        80
key_strafeleft        30
key_straferight        32
key_fire        29
key_use        57
key_strafe        56
key_speed        31
use_mouse        1
mouseb_fire        0
mouseb_strafe        -1
mouseb_forward        1
use_joystick        0
joyb_fire        0
joyb_strafe        1
joyb_use        3
joyb_speed        2
screenblocks        10
detaillevel        0
snd_channels        3
snd_musicdevice        8
snd_sfxdevice        3
snd_sbport        544
snd_sbirq        7
snd_sbdma        1
snd_mport        816
usegamma        0
chatmacro0        "no macro"
chatmacro1        "no macro"
chatmacro2        "no macro"
chatmacro3        "no macro"
chatmacro4        "no macro"
chatmacro5        "no macro"
chatmacro6        "no macro"
chatmacro7        "no macro"
chatmacro8        "no macro"
chatmacro9        "no macro"

Question, does the multiplayer checkbox do anything at all?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

12 hours ago, Birger said:

Thanks in advance

Birger

I didn't test it I just looked at the image

The source archive has quite a bit of oddities in it. First being how large it is, apparently mostly from a Res directory containing a bunch of image files in BMP format.

Also, you're basing your modified version on the DSL version of Doom and not the GPLv2 version. It's probably a good idea to use the latter rather than the former.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, chungy said:

Answer to Chris Hansen: Yes I am a dane too, please email me (birger@riseofthetriad.dk) if you have anything on your mind.

Answer to Liberation:

On 10/25/2018 at 10:03 PM, chungy said:

The color is in fact just a hit by the demon's which I totally has not seen since I tested it with the option -nomonsters. And since the walls is drawn at 4 places depending on if it's aa staic wall, moving wall, door or skye, I would look into it  later

Answer to chungy:

I never thought this to be a issue since I never charged anything and if I released the source I would be in the clear:

When I last talked to to the I ID staff, in connection with Rise of the Triad, this was never a issue, but you have made me uncertain, so I choose to close this projject down for now.

Edited by Birger

I think he meant you should use the rereleased source code which is GPL'ed. It is just a technicality, no need to abandon it.

7 hours ago, VGA said:

I think he meant you should use the rereleased source code which is GPL'ed. It is just a technicality, no need to abandon it.

Sorry, I didnt express me well, I meant shutting this source project down and starting on the new source, but it will take a while before anything is ready to release.

PS does anyone know where such a GPLv2 doom2 source is available for download?

Edited by Birger

You needn't remove nor redo any of the work you've done, it's sufficient to just change out the license headers and file :)

As for reference, you can get it via idgames archive or on GitHub (the official id-Software account only has the DSL version, sadly...)

14 hours ago, chungy said:

You needn't remove nor redo any of the work you've done, it's sufficient to just change out the license headers and file :)

As for reference, you can get it via idgames archive or on GitHub (the official id-Software account only has the DSL version, sadly...)

Thank you for your answer, I will check it out

Birger

I have updated the source and exe, it is now version 1.20 and the enhanced walls are disabled since I could not get them to work correct.

The -net should hopefully work now.

Thanks

Birger