Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
therektafire

Lake of Bones and Fire- my Vinesauce map, beat it for -9999999$$!!!!

So I haven't released anything map related in a while so I figured I would go ahead and release the map I had made for the Vinesauce mapping contest this year, or at least, what I had done on it, I didn't really manage to get it all the way done since I started like 2 weeks before the deadline and I am pretty slow at mapping, as you can clearly tell by one of the areas being completely devoid of enemies and the balance being pretty bad in places, it is pretty short and semi nonlinear and should take you less than 5 minutes to beat. It is a GZDoom compatible map made in Hexen format (I made this map before I got my new laptop and ergo before I could use GZDB to make UDMF maps). Here are some screenshots:

Screenshot_Doom_20181024_210615.png.9c1cfc0d145f7a19a5eae3f9268fd7d7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181024_210753.png.6aec35651ee1a52cde7b4952451001f1.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181024_211034.png.2e7dc0dda940688a9963a86000c5c284.png

Screenshot_Doom_20181024_211132.png.84496874ae4eee287c9dadba20c70d91.png

I guess you can consider it a "work in progress" but I still wanted to release this version anyway since it is what I submitted for the contest, if enough people like it I might finish it up and release the completed version. Also, ignore the post title, it is just a joke about all the "play my map for money" threads that have popped up recently

trfvinesauce.zip

Yeah, I like that red in the screenshots. Might give it a try when the time comes..

Were the contest requirements "use as many Revenants as possible without slowing your computer to a crawl"? Geez. Really pretty, though. The red lighting with the red sky and lava work nicely. Thanks for the Invulnerability Sphere. Fast death otherwise. A handful of monsters didn't teleport in. In one of the closets south of the exit area some HKs; no teleport linedefs in their closet. In one of the closets east of the exit area teleport linedefs not tagged as 'Repeat'.

1 hour ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Were the contest requirements "use as many Revenants as possible without slowing your computer to a crawl"? Geez. Really pretty, though. The red lighting with the red sky and lava work nicely. Thanks for the Invulnerability Sphere. Fast death otherwise. A handful of monsters didn't teleport in. In one of the closets south of the exit area some HKs; no teleport linedefs in their closet. In one of the closets east of the exit area teleport linedefs not tagged as 'Repeat'.

No, that was not one of the requirements, I literally finished that part on the last day about an hour before the submission deadline and was rushing pretty hard which is why it is really simple compared to the rest of the map. Also hmmm I didn't have any issues with the revenants slowing down either the desktop or laptop I usually use which is saying something since they are pretty low spec so I would definitely notice slowdown. Also thanks for telling me about the teleport issues, I haven't opened the map up in an editor ever since the contest ended in March soooo yeah I may have forgotten about that :D

Oh also which route did you go down at the first split path, the one on the left has no enemies since I hadn't gotten around to completing it yet so it is the easiest, the right one is the 2nd hardest, and the middle one was the most developed and is the hardest