Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Nebula

MAPINFO Skill level problem

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Some of my friends are doing a LAN party this weekend and they want to do a competition playing my map "Plutonium Sandpit". I've been trying for a while to make new skill levels through the mapinfo and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong because I'm constantly getting an error message with the following text:

"Script error, "ka_tech_.pk3:mapinfo"line 41: {: unknown top level keyword

 

Here's the code if somebody can make any sense of it:

 

map MAP01 "Plutonium Sandpit"
levelnum 1
next ENDGAME1
sky1 SKYgrey 0
cluster 5
music D_RUNNIN
NoJump
NoCrouch

clusterdef 5
flat METALFL5
music D_MESSAG
exittext "After clearing up the base from demons you
descended into hell once more, laying waste for all
that stand in your way. Even the biggest and baddest
of them couldn't stop you in your resolve. Once again
you have destroyed the great hellspawn and find
peace in your heart after completing your mission.

Time for a well-deserved vacation with your
beautiful woman on the beaches of your favourite
tropical planet enjoying refreshments, far away from
gunfire. This job is paying quite well, but you think
of retirement...

.... ... .. .

HELL NO!

Thank You for playing - KA"

//SKILL LEVELS


clearskills

skill nightmare

 {
   AmmoFactor = 2
   ArmorFactor = 2
   FastMonsters
   DisableCheats
   RespawnTime = 12
   SpawnFilter = Nightmare
   PicName = "M_NMARE"
   MustConfirm
   
 }

skill ultra-violence

 {
   AmmoFactor = 1.5
   DamageFactor = 1.125
   Aggressiveness = 0.5
   MonsterHealth = 1.2
   DisableCheats
   SpawnFilter = Hard
   Name = Ultra-Violence
   MustConfirm = "Are you sure? Stronger and more aggressive demons are hunting you."
 }

skill hurt me plenty

 {
   Aggressiveness = 0.25
   DisableCheats
   EasyBossbrain
   SpawnFilter = Normal
   Name = Hurt Me Plenty
   MustConfirm = "This one will give you a well-deserved punishment."
   DefaultSkill
 }

skill hey, not too rough

 {
   MonsterHealth = 0.9
   DamageFactor = 0.8
   DisableCheats
   EasyBossbrain
   SpawnFilter = Easy
   Name = Hey, Not too Rough!
   Must Confirm = "A walk in the park. Please don't yawn though."
 }

skill i am too young to die

 {
   AmmoFactor = 2
   SlowMonsters
   EasyBossbrain
   MonsterHealth = 0.8
   DamageFactor = 0.75
   DisableCheats
   SpawnFilter = Baby
   Name = I am too young to die
   MustConfirm = "Are you sure which way to hold the gun in your hands?"
 }
  

Thanks a lot for your assistance!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kristian Nebula said:

map MAP01 "Plutonium Sandpit"
levelnum 1
next ENDGAME1
sky1 SKYgrey 0
cluster 5
music D_RUNNIN
NoJump
NoCrouch

clusterdef 5
flat METALFL5
music D_MESSAG
exittext "After clearing up the base from demons you
descended into hell once more, laying waste for all
that stand in your way. Even the biggest and baddest
of them couldn't stop you in your resolve. Once again
you have destroyed the great hellspawn and find
peace in your heart after completing your mission.

Time for a well-deserved vacation with your
beautiful woman on the beaches of your favourite
tropical planet enjoying refreshments, far away from
gunfire. This job is paying quite well, but you think
of retirement...

.... ... .. .

HELL NO!

Thank You for playing - KA"

//SKILL LEVELS

Your map and cluster definitions don't match the syntax. The entire text needs to match a single syntax for ZDoom to parse it properly.

There are two solutions to this:

Fix the syntax as below:

map MAP01 "Plutonium Sandpit"
{
levelnum = 1
next = ENDGAME1
sky1 = SKYgrey 0
cluster = 5
music = D_RUNNIN
NoJump
NoCrouch
}

clusterdef 5
{
flat = METALFL5
music = D_MESSAG
exittext = "After clearing up the base from demons you
descended into hell once more, laying waste for all
that stand in your way. Even the biggest and baddest
of them couldn't stop you in your resolve. Once again
you have destroyed the great hellspawn and find
peace in your heart after completing your mission.

Time for a well-deserved vacation with your
beautiful woman on the beaches of your favourite
tropical planet enjoying refreshments, far away from
gunfire. This job is paying quite well, but you think
of retirement...

.... ... .. .

HELL NO!

Thank You for playing - KA"
}

Or you can place the skills in a separate MAPINFO text and ZDoom will parse them separately.

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, got it now. It spawned into various other small issues afterwards but I got them and now it's working with new skill levels.

Thanks for your help! :)

Share this post


Link to post

Why, why, why does the old format still get surfaced constantly? Does Google direct to the old format or something?

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Nevander said:

Why, why, why does the old format still get surfaced constantly? Does Google direct to the old format or something?

 

 

Haha yeah, now after studying it a bit more I understood it was the old format. I just took  the template from WOS from 2009 and copypasted it when making the original map in 2016. Problems occurred only when adding the new skill levels yesterday. :D

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

I just took the template from WOS from 2009 and copypasted it when making the original map in 2016. Problems occurred only when adding the new skill levels yesterday. :D

Hey, that's a totally valid way to get started, and a great way to learn. Now, you know the old way and the new way!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, kb1 said:

Hey, that's a totally valid way to get started, and a great way to learn. Now, you know the old way and the new way!

 

Exactly. :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×