Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Revenant Bus - A Doom 2 Simulation Map

This is really cool mod. Bus feels great i like how the small ideas work together. This is not often visible here and is nice to have something fresh looking. But there is huge problem, this mod became repetitive way to quickly. Maps didn't have much variations and punching shitload of revenants became boring and  bit repetitive quickly.

6 hours ago, Marlamir said:

revenants became boring

I'm having trouble parsing this statement. I know all the words, and the grammar checks out, but it seems you've formed a mystifying sentence that manages to be incomprehensible to all known forms of sentient intellect. 🤔

6 hours ago, Marlamir said:

This is really cool mod. Bus feels great i like how the small ideas work together. This is not often visible here and is nice to have something fresh looking. But there is huge problem, this mod became repetitive way to quickly. Maps didn't have much variations and punching shitload of revenants became boring and  bit repetitive quickly.

well considering this is a desert bus themed wad I would think that is the whole point

@Revenant100 Oops, looks like google translate failed me once more. Sorry if i offend you.

13 hours ago, therektafire said:

well considering this is a desert bus themed wad I would think that is the whole point

That's just my opinion but you got point

This is comedy gold in WAD form. I love how you can punch to honk the horn, forgot your wallet and... that a Revenant is spawning in the bus every 7 seconds. 

Can‘t wait to see a longplay of this on YouTube. Perfect side entertainment for my mapping sessions. 

17 hours ago, Revenant100 said:
On 10/29/2018 at 12:32 PM, Marlamir said:

revenants became boring

I'm having trouble parsing this statement. I know all the words, and the grammar checks out, but it seems you've formed a mystifying sentence that manages to be incomprehensible to all known forms of sentient intellect. 🤔

4 hours ago, Marlamir said:

@Revenant100 Oops, looks like google translate failed me once more. Sorry if i offend you.

I'm not sure who won in this exchange.

With regard to the wad, while punching 12,000+ revenants to death is not my cup of tea, there are a number of great things that have come out of this, such as "Revenants Per Minute" and "The Busslayer."

I've updated the OP with a link to an updated version of the map, Release Candidate 2, also provided here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1snVmlyeYCoRPxILq2aM_syjKxfhEh387/view?usp=sharing

This update addresses a critical issue with the timing system. The original scroller performed radically different between Boom complevel 9 and GZDoom, resulting in the timer unintentionally running exponentially faster in GZDoom. I've replaced the scroller with a series of timed raising ceilings which is hopefully more consistent and robust between ports.

Although this doesn't alter the map's functionality in Boom, the change still ended up causing @antares031's previously posted speedrun to go out of sync. If it's any consolation, I took the opportunity to add a new effect to the ludicrous secret that's directly inspired by your demo. You don't have to "act" it now.

The Berserk pack that appears on HMP and lower is also now easier to pick up in GZDoom. Of course, that Berserk pack is why UV is still the intended non-weenie speedrun difficulty!

if you press the power button on the dashboard the windows open so you can see and you can also telefrag th revenants by standing on the teleporter

A masterpiece. A perfect simulation of public transportation. Greatest ending in video game history. I got flipped off by a boner, then cried. Beautiful, masterful storytelling.